Payload and towing

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ayax

Reaction score
Can u help me to calculate wich truck towing capacity to buy? Please give me numbers…

i have this:
1.- nitro boat ZV 19 sport fiber glass:
ength 5.77 m
Beam 2.59 m
Bottom Width 1.93 m
Max. Person Weight 476.27 kg
Max. Person, Motor & Gear Weight 907.18 kg
Average Dry Weight 1043.26 kg
Average Package Weight 2041.17 kg
Package Height 2.18 m
Package Width 2.59 m
Towing Length 8.1 m
Storage Length 6.88 m

2.- Five adults

3.- one four wheel that weigths 332 kgs (truck bed)

Can you help me to estimate wich towing capacity do i need to check on the specs of the pick up?

wil be a 2.9 tons towing capacity enough?

Wich towing capacity will i be sabe?

First off, your calcs are in Kg. And your asking about tonnage.

2.9 ton is about 6000lbs, right?. So, it should be ok? Kinda depends on what the vehicle is. I've already pulled my z19 with a 2020 blazer only rated for 4500lbs. But I wouldnt go very far, that was just to local landing, any distance and its my 1500 pickup.

Most 1500 pickups will tow 10,000 lbs give or take. Your Z19 is at most 2500-3000lb ish. Atv 800lbs

Again, I feel its the weight/size of the tow vehicle should be big enough to handle the weight of the boat, as not allow the boat to sway/"push" the tow vehicle. -imo

I agree that a 150 or 1500 pick up or SUV should do the job. Also consider the terrain that you travel. Are there a lot of hills? Do the roads have a lot of curves that require braking? What are the launch ramps like, will you need 4 wheel drive? Your boat, loaded with fuel and gear can easily weigh 2000 kg. 2.9 ton towing capacity would be adequate, but may not be ideal.

First off, your calcs are in Kg. And your asking about tonnage.

2.9 ton is about 6000lbs, right?. So, it should be ok? Kinda depends on what the vehicle is. I've already pulled my z19 with a 2020 blazer only rated for 4500lbs. But I wouldnt go very far, that was just to local landing, any distance and its my 1500 pickup.

Most 1500 pickups will tow 10,000 lbs give or take. Your Z19 is at most 2500-3000lb ish. Atv 800lbs

Again, I feel its the weight/size of the tow vehicle should be big enough to handle the weight of the boat, as not allow the boat to sway/"push" the tow vehicle. -imo
Thabks for yourbreply. So wich number of towing capacity i am safe?

I've towed trailers my whole life...dump trucks with floats, backhoes,skyjacks...enclosed trailers etc. Your best choice would be a 3/4 ton 4x4 pickup with a diesel engine...no worries ever

Simply, add up what your towing (which you did) and get a vehicle capable of towing a few 1000 over. Putting the atv in the back will add weight so add tongue weight of trailer. A 1/2ton may be close. I like the suggest of a 3/4 ton truck.
Safe towing 9,000. (1/2 ton), adding a lot of weight in bed then 3/4 ton cause you need to "haul" more but towing same.

Towing capacity and hauling capacities are different.

Anyone else? Lol

Simply, add up what your towing (which you did) and get a vehicle capable of towing a few 1000 over. Putting the atv in the back will add weight so add tongue weight of trailer. A 1/2ton may be close. I like the suggest of a 3/4 ton truck.
Safe towing 9,000. (1/2 ton), adding a lot of weight in bed then 3/4 ton cause you need to "haul" more but towing same.

Towing capacity and hauling capacities are different.

Anyone else? Lol
You mean 9,000 lbs or 9,000 kgs?

Latest posts

Back