Gas prices on the drop...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Went to take the Nitro to fill her up with Premium since i'm leaving on Fri for 2 weeks in China, and will probably NOT get her out but MAYBE 1 more time before I winterize her and leave her set... Was VERY happy to see gas at the QuickTrip around the corner (Dan, the one between us 2) was down to $2.98 for regular!!!

Whats it like in your neck of the woods???

Trep

Oh yeah....I'm in heaven. $3.09 down the street from my house.:blink: 61 bucks for a fillup, twice a week, on my Jeep GC. I still remember when I bought it late in 01, it cost around $25 to fill it up.

Premium !!!! I'd double the value of my boat if I did that.;)

I've always heard that 2 strokes run best on the low octane stuff. That's all I ever used, so I can't make a comparison.

I think we are at around $2.90 for regular. I haven't filled up since friday, and will be good to go untill this friday (did alot of running around this week).

Steve
4631.gif

Paid 3.01 at an Exxon up at Lake Hartrwell yesterday. Had seen as low as $2.95 at a discount station in the town of Hartwell over the holiday weekend.

I have to believe that the price is cutting pushing demand down.

Boating traffic was moderately heavy Saturday/Sunday/Monday, but there was nobody on the water on Tuesday, a picture perfect day. I expected to see some traffic from people who took the week off.

3.11 this afternoon . Tried to fill the Suburban yesterday at Sam's club, It stopped me at 100.00 !! O'well I had to settle for 3/4 full...LOL:wacko:

Steve - mechanic recommended Premium due to storage for a year in the garage, not due to the 2 stroke engine. Luckily I don't have a 911 or a suburban!!! Opps, Sorry Mark!!;)

$3.09 for regular here in Harford County, MD when I filled the mower up this afternoon.

BF

It's holding steady at $2.97 per gallon here in Knoxville, TN. It's been at that price for about two weks now.

Steve

$2.99 for 87 octane last night at a no-name, no-attendant discount gas station in my town in VT.

Bob G.

Yeah...they want you to believe your getting a deal at less than $3.00 @ gallon.

$4 will be next:angry:

$2.89 to $2.91 at most stations here in Memphis - If you go to Costco or Sams then you can get $2.83

Mike L. - never would have thought Jersey would be cheaper then GA, we have (or had I should say) some of the lowest state gas taxes in the country, oh well, its a capitalistic society, at least we're not paying $6/gallon like England and Australia!!! LOL

Trep

Just heard from a boating buddy that marina prices on Lake Lanier are in the $5 range.

That captive audience of gib, non-trailerable cruiser boats...$1,000 fill ups. Yikes.

They are actually pretty cheap comapred to the differences in years past on Lake St Clair. There is one marina that is cheaper than on land, but that was about a month ago.

All of the marinas are in the $3.50-$4.00 range.

Mini

Hey Mac & Mini...let's HIJACK A THREAD! :lol:

When do I need to come up ? What do I need ?

Do I get to drive the NEW rig ?

And last but, not least...are you ready ?

Gitter DONE :cool:

California reporting in at $3.40 a gallon for regular. At Safeway gas stations you can get diesel as low as $2.89.

Get up here this weekend. You can meet Tox and CIII....I think we will more boats than people...

Mini

you got it good Mac...

it's $3.40 on this side of the state...

LOL

az

Directions ?

I'll have to check with the ol' bag:lol:

You or Mac can shoot me an e-mail ?

I'd like to meet up with Tox and you guys:cool:

Yesterday morning at 8am it was $3.09....on my way home at 9:30am it was $3.15. My mentioned it and wondered why it jumped like that. I told her some !@#$%^! overseas probably farted and the oil companies took it as a reason to increase the price. It's kinda weird when the night before on the news it was stated that the price of oil per barrel had dropped.

Waterwings - we hit China yesterday and I had beans on Thursday night before leaving the states, it was probably ME that "!@#$%^! overseas probably farted and the oil companies took it as a reason to increase the price." :D:D:D:D:D:lol::lol::lol::p:p:p

Latest posts

Back