Follow-up on boat work......

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TOMMY RICH

Reaction score
Well got the boat back from the welder and he did a great job of welding the keel cap from the outside:)

I took pictures and will have to do a write-up for anyone with similar issues.

Total bill for the weld job was $165....not bad at all for a 12 foot bead and tacking some braces in. Tank test tonite before I put the foam and deck back on.

Alot of work but, saved myself a ton by removing the foam and deck and prepping the keel for weld. Even made the braces that tie the stiffners to the cenerline support cap from the inside. Should help with any flexing.

No fun for sure...the hardest part was removing the front storage box with gorilla sized rivets that I had to grind off but, it wouldn't budge due to the fact when Tracker puts the foam in...it "glues" itself. Took about 2 hours of work to get it out.

Interesting to see how they are made and the diff between the outside welds and the inside welds which you'll see when I can get the pics posted.

Peace:cool:

Well.....I spoke too soon. Took the boat out on Friday and after 5 hours, about a gallon of water drained out:blink:

Took it out Sunday after about 4 hours and about a half cup dribbled out. Checked hoses and everything i could and for the life of me can't track it down.

Gonna put water in the bottom tonite to see what I can see:wacko:

That's a real bummer Tee. Hope you get it worked out.

Sorry to hear that Tee. Just brainstorming here because that's a big difference in the amount of water, maybe a drain plug issue, or water over the transon when you come off plane? Did you do anything different on the two trips that might cover it like running the pumps on Friday but not Sunday?

Nope...matter of fact I put about 30 gallon of water in the bottom of the boat and not a drop on the outside....bone dry. No leaks outta the back fittings for the livewell and overflow. So it has to be a hose fitting or the like inside the boat.

There's one small access panel under the drivers seat for the livewell but, there's no visible water and I felt all that I could with my hand and it would be impossible to get to the hose clamps if it were one of those. You would have to remove the rear deck:eek:

Really frustarting:wacko:

Good luck with it, sometimes the gremlins get in a boat and it takes awhile to flush them out:wacko:

Latest posts

Back