Fishin Report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JP Heintzman

Reaction score
Fished Clark's Hill on Friday, caught 11 fish, my best five fish went 12.3 lbs. Caught some on a carolina rig w/grn pumpkin finesse worm, them got into them with a Super Spook Junior. Weather was great, water was calm and not many boats running around.

I fixed my tire problem, may have went overboard but I'm happy with the results. I'm one of those guys who had trouble with the insides of the tires wearing out before the rest of the tire and you could tell the tires "bowed" out like there was too much weight on the axle (95 Nitro 170TF). I replaced the axle (rated at 2000 lbs) with an axle rated at 3500 lbs. Also replaced the springs as the ones on the trailer were almost completely straight and the trailer bounced like a fat kid on a trampoline. Boat rides great and the tires are straight. I'll order up those Goodyear Marathons here shortly and be good to go for any future trips, hopefully to the next Nitro roundup.

Headed out again Monday morning to a local pond, ya'll be good.

Jim

Jim - When are you gonna drag that Nitro up to Allatoona and fish with Dan N and I?? Open invitation any weekend you want, bring it up on Fri after work, we'll fish ALL day Sat, you grab a nites rest after a nice cold homebrew and head home on Sun!

Trep

Hey Trep, thanks for the invite, wish I had known when I was stationed at Fort Benning, looks like you're just up the road from Columbus. I'm hoping to get next to a big body of water when I retire from the Army. Momma wants to get a pontoon boat, which is ok I guess since I already have the bass boat.....ha ha ha. Supposed to be 39 in the morning, but still think I'll head out. Should be hunting but got the fishing bug lately.

Jim

Latest posts

Back