Dad lost his fight with Cancer :(

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jim B

Reaction score
Most of you all here know about my Dad's fight with brain cancer that he has been going thru for the last year and a half. He passed away last friday night after a year and a half of a pretty tough battle. I think the bright spot for him was he was able to spend a lot of time with everyone he cared about before he died and he seemed genuinely happy that he could do that. I am thankfull that my job gave me the leeway be home for my Dad the entire time for really the last month and a half. My boss gave me the freedom to work from home(on whatever schedule i needed to)and that allowed me to be there and care for him every day and also make sure he was able to see my mom and do everything he wanted to do.

Its a pretty sad time for everyone in my family, it really sucks more then i can ever put into words.

I want to thank everyone that has sent support our way thru all of this, even tho its just words on a computer screen its still has a lot of meaning because i know you guys all truly care. Thanks again.

Jim My condolences to you and your family. I too, was given the freedom to spend time with my first wife who died of cancer and it meant a lot. Cherish the memories! RIP

Condolences from the entire staff at USA MARINE. God Bless my friend...:)

It is such a hard thing to let loved one's go but, like you said,"we do truly care".

May he RIP:(

Sorry for your loss but know one day we will see all our loved ones again god bless and my prayers are with you and your family

So sorry to hear Jim,....prayers out to you and your family. He was a lucky man to have a family like yours!! :wub:

My condolences....God Bless you and your family!

Jim, Prayers to you and your family. All you have now are fond memories. Word of advise to "all". Do it today, so you won't regret not doing it tomorrow. Life is short.

Dennis in Al

My deepest condolences Jim, prayers sent for you and your family. May God bless and strengthen you in your time of loss.

Jim, no more pain God will take care of him, Prayers sent sent for you & yours. God Bless

Jim, thoughts and prayers are with you and your family. Hang on to those awesome memories until you can get together again in heaven!

Jim,

I'm so sorry to hear about your loss Prayers are with you and your family.

Paul

Hey Jim,

I can relate. To this point in my life the day I lost my Dad (ten years ago) was the worst day of my life. The peace is knowing they will watch over us every day until we join them in Heaven. And you are right, it really does suck. Praying for you all. TMan

Condolences to you and your entire family. Losing any member of your family is tough, losing a parent is even more difficult.

My thoughts and prayers are with you and your family in this time of grief.

Tex

I'm so very sorry to hear this Jim. The time spent with your Dad through the years, and most recently as the disease took its toll, is definitely priceless by any measure. God Bless you and your family as this time of sorrow heals.

I'm sorry for your loss. My condolences to you and your entire family.

Jim, I am so sorry about your dad. I thought about you quite a bit this spring. I hope the good times you had with him, like the last time you took him fishing, help to comfort you as you work through the sadness. It is truly a reminder how precious life is and how little else really compares with respect to importance and priority.

Bill, the MadKayaker

My heart goes out to you and your family. I lost my Dad in 1995. My family, four generations, just returned from a week in Northern Wisconsin. A tradition that began with my parents in the 1960s. I hope that your grief fades quickly and is replaced with all of the good memories you have made over the years.

Latest posts

Back