Bow mount graph ? What do you like ?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David Heine

Reaction score
I need to replace my Bottom Line 1100. It is a low end unit I got real cheap and it performs like it's price. I want something good. I am looking at the X-70, I think that is what my buddy had on his 461. Any recommendations ? Any units to look out for ? Any good deals ? Thanks guys.

I'm with LT above. Either the 240 or the 160 if you want to save some bucks. Both are good, the 240 - needless to say - is better.

Had both on my Targa (160 front, 240 on console) and they worked great.

Tex

I just replaced my 1100 (I agree with your opinion on it) with a Matrix 15. I haven't tested it on the water yet. I like the fact that I can plug a portable GPS into it or buy the antenna and use both features.

Rich D

If you can spare the extra bucks, go with a Lowrance unit. They've got so many bells and whistles that you NEED to read the instruction manual to learn how to use them.

If you want a nice unit that is pretty intuative (read that as - READING THE MANUAL IS NOT REQUIRED), has a nice display but fewer features, then the Garmin 240 is probably the best bang for the buck.

I haven't tried any of the newer Humminbird units, but the Matrix looks interesting.

Garmin 240 would be awesome. I have a Lowrance X-87 and the resolution is awesome.

i like the h'bird legends and think they would also be a good sonar unit for the front as they have easy to use knobs instead of pushbuttons and many features also. they are fast and easy to adjust and have a great display.

jd

I have a garmin 240 on my bow and at the console. i really like them. they work very well. it i wa sbuying today i think i would get a lowrance x87 for the bow and a 97 for the console. I like the 320x320 res for even more detail.

I just bought the new Lowrance X67C (C means COLOR) at Bass Pro Shops for I think $400 bucks....... Let me tell you I am BLOWN AWAY by the image and resolution on this compact little unit... ABSOLUTELY INCREDIBLE. For those who haven't seen it, it is a 320*240 display in the small lowrance package, and it has the best picture i have ever seen...

BTW, if you get a chance to play with this unit, check out the Night Vision mode -- it is like the movie Predator!

David

Latest posts

Back