Boat care

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Travis Blankenship

Reaction score
What is a good wax to put on a fiberglass bass boat. Also how often should I wax the boat? I use BBS everytime I get out of the water.

One more question. I am needing to replace the cover that goes on my cables coming out of the front of the motor which goes into the back of the boat. When I bought the boat it didn't have anything around the lines and now I have deep scratches in my fiberglass. I can't seem to find where to get this piece or if any of you know what I can put on it that would look good. Any help would be great. Thanks.

I clean my boats with bbs every time I pull them on the ramp, I like waxing mine 2 times a year. At the start of the season and at the end. Go to lowe's get some shop vac hose and spit the hose put it on the cables fasten with a little black tape. Looks pretty cool.

You are doing all you need with the BBS. it contains wax. you can wax it a few times a year also, but it really isn't necessary.

I use BTS which is a lot like BBS but I don't have to reapply it every time I come off the water. only once or twice a month so it lasts a lot longer. All i have to do when I pull off the lake is wipe it down with a damp rag.

As far as the hose goes, you can do the vaccuum tube or you can find a mercury rigging hose many times on line within a few clicks. the rigging hose comes with the attachments on the ends to secure it to your motor unlike the vaccuum hose

Hey D am I harming the effects by applying it alomost every time I fish. Dont want to do that

BBS (Bass Boat Saver) and BTS (Bow To Stern) are both spray and wipe boat care products, bu are different products. One difference is BBS requires you to apply every time, and BTS does not although you could, but it is not necessary. you are not harming anything if you apply every time. :D

For waxing, I would highly recommend Mequire's Flagship.

I used to use that every six months and use BBS in between. I had great results. But after using BTS, I don't use BBS anymore. BTS is a much better product. Now I just use Mequire's once in the spring and use BTS maybe three times a year. If I am in extreme nasty water, I might wipe down with BBS at the ramp.

Rusty, you may want to think twice about waxing and using BTS. BTS is actually formulated to clean wax out of the gel pores....there is no wax in BTS. Not that it is harming it, just kind of wasting it.

I only wax now once a year. I know what you mean by BTS basically stripping the wax, but you have to understand what all Mequire's Flagship does.... It isn't just a wax.. It also has mild abrasives, a polish if you will. BTS is strickly a protectant.

Latest posts

Back