Better prop with setback? Hey Bob

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Pulaski

Reaction score
I've ordered the Targa 18WT w/150 4 stroke. I see the Enertia 17" comes with the boat and works pretty good. I haven't seen any talk about hole mounting height for a few more rpm's or possibly adding a 4" or 5 1/2" jack plate. Would a Trophy or Tempest prop be a better choice in a 19" with a setback? Thanks

I am looking at the same boat, I just dont see where the boat comes with the Enertia prop. Where are you seeing the Enertia. Trackers website shows it with a aluminum prop. Bob said it comes with SS prop.Thanks

According to what I've read and talked to one of my local dealers, with the updated motor (from the offered standard motor 115 HP) a SS prop is included. I believe there's a post about that from Bob.

Tom and Jim... I have the 2012 TargaV18 WT w/150 Fourstroke. I have the Enertia 17" SS prop. With 2 people and full load, at WOT I get 5400 rpm and 46 mph (GPS). By myself with 1/2 tank of gas, I can hit 5600 rpm and 49 mph (GPS). Hope that helps! Targa

Thats pretty good performance for the 150 4 stroke Targa. What elevation are you at? The guys here in Colorado are saying the Optimax are the way to go because of the elevation we are at, the 4 stroke is down on horsepower so I am getting the opti.

The ONLY motor that will not suffer {nearly as much} at high altitudes is the supercharged VERADO. ANY conventionally aspirated outboard {due to less dense oxygen content}, will lose horsepower {OPTI and EFI}........;)

Hey Bob I know I have been bugging you with questions, and you have been very helpful. I was just wondering how much difference there is between the 150 Optimax versus the Opti Pro XS. Some guys say there is not much difference and others say there is. Is is worth the extra money on not? Thanks.

From what I've read the XS comes with solid motor mounts, boyesen reeds and a performance CPU. Which all together creates overall better performance.

Some of the guys are saying the pro XS has even higher rpms than the standard Opti. I am just wondering on the Targa 18 boat if it will be that much difference in performance between the 2, its only $500 more for the XS.

Latest posts

Back