airsoft plastic bb guns

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brian Ingersoll

Reaction score
I'm looking at getting one of these for me and my daughter to shoot so she can learn more about guns and gun safety. Does anyone have any experience with them? How about the gel targets, can they be shot inside the house down a hallway or strictly outside? Am I going to be able to find one to fit her hand? She's five and I'm wanting one of the handgun styles that will not go full auto, although a rifle style would be fine also. I would really prefer one that is spring operated so I have to cock it between shots.

I've taken her squirrel hunting a couple times since she was 3 and she loves going so I'm looking to keep her interested in shooting/hunting.

Before anyone asks or assumes - she will not have access to this gun, it will be kept in the cabinet with mine and only taken out so we can shoot together then put back.

I've bought my son several air soft guns. I'd go just outside. Depends on the situation. They will leave marks on paint, and they still do sting a bit. The bb's do curve quite a bite, so I wouldn't do it in a narrow hallway.

I'm only 20 and when I used to mess with them 5 years ago they where spring and battery opperated, to my understanding they also shoot with gas now. I used to shoot them in my house all the time, in 3/4 sheetrock they would barely leave a mark, you'd have to be right up on them to see them, my mom never noticed so that has to be pretty minor. We use to where paint ball masks and have wars with them if that is any indication. Coming from a hunter its the perfect starter to learn safety, then move here on the a BB/Pelet Gun, and then the real MeCoy. I feel that's the best option. Just my 2 cents.

CHRIS CAS

I sell them at Bass Pro shop and I always tell parents(you have to be eighteen to buy in Iowa)That the airsoft should be given the same rules and consideration as a real gun. As a teacher I have numberous episodes where pre teens have used an air soft to get even with someone that made them made. My personal opinion of them is somewhat similar to paintball guns and gear. A STRICT TEACHING along with hammering into their young skulls that these are the only weapons you can get up and walk away with.

On the other side. I played guns, army, cowboys and indians when I was young. I can't stess safety and education enough on all these "toys".

fatrap

I second the encouragement to treat airsoft guns the same way you would a regular firearm. Admittedly, this example is WAY over-the-top, but watch what an airsoft minigun can do to a television set. I can just hear grandma yelling, "You'll shoot yer eye out!"

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsfY_4vWN5A&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/ZsfY_4vWN5A&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Latest posts

Back