A Show of E-mails please....

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Barb Baggott

Reaction score
OK, I've been watching who has been signing up for the Rally on Scott's brochure,(and what a great brochure it is!), but there is only 5 people so far and the cut off date is next week. So, is everyone going to be on Ken's houseboat? If that is so, Ken you may have to anchor down wind unless you all promise to stay away from slim jim's, coronas, and home brews!! LOL!!

So, let's get a show of hands on who is going to be there!

I'm a yes, and already put in for vacation!

Barb

I'm going just trying to line up a partner.... or not

It's REALLY going to bum me out...

I may not be able to get off work...

We're going to have an outage in April and I'm going to be up to my ears training temporary workers starting in March...

I'm still trying, but it doesn't look good...

az

I plan to attend, but I doubt that I will reserve ahead of time.

Thanks for posting that, Barb.....

Folks, this is Kentucky Lake - not Mark Twain - just as everyone asked for.

This is a resort on the water - not a few miles away - just as everyone asked for.

Had we gone to Mark Twain, we would not have been facing the same sort of time constraints; Kentucky lake is VERY popular in mid-April. We are set up at a very popular resort with excellent accomodations, restaraunt and docks at a very reasonable price. We would have had to pay pretty close to the same amount for anything near Mark Twain without the ammenities because there is nothing right on the lake.

Had we gone to Mark Twain, we could have waited until the last minute; there simply isn't the demand for rooms when most of the people who fish there come from an hour and a half away in St. Louis. The Moors will fill to capacity with or without us long before the season starts.

$34.39 per person is the deposit for a lodge room for two people.

If YOU want this rally to take place - then YOU need to take action pretty soon. I've done my part.....

me!

P.S.

If you don't have a partner and you don't mind sharing a room, just send the single person deposit. There will be other people (there are already) looking for roommates and partners.

scott,cant commit to it yet.got to wait and see what the new year brings.probally the month before ill know more for sure.900 miles 1 way,roughly 15 hrs for me.got to wait and see how my partner and me feel then.tried to talk the mrs into going,no dice there!

a lot can happen between now and then!

I plan on being there. I have been trying to download the 2003 rally info but can't for some reason.

The info looks good Scott,...really wish i could commit now, but I just CAN'T,...too much "up in the air" at the moment regarding next year's travel reqmnt's and other stuff. I am putting my BPS travel dates together now though,..so that'll help give me a better pix soon!! I will keep you posted. Thanks for ALL of your help setting this up and making arrangements...EXCELLENT job bigdog!!

Mac

Yeah great job right out of the gates Scott. But alas, I need all my available time for tourneys next year. As it is, with prefishing the south I may need to request extra days off from work anyway. Don't think I'll be able to make it. But knowing this crowd, I'm sure it will be a hoot!

Sniff sniff, what's that I smell? Must be yellow! Rob obviously doesn't want to get outfished by us tin men! LOL

Rich D

Scott,

Like Mac, I have to see the dates of my shows and such....I'm going to do everything in my power to be there, but won't know until after the first of the year.

ROTFLMPCFGJNO!!!!!!!!!! Rich bring your sorry butt along with $650 to ANY of the northeast Everstarts next year, and I'll show you how I treat tin boys! Talk is cheap Rich, gotta be able to back it up at the scales! I'm sure as I fish next season, the board will be watching and waiting with baited breath. If I slip you jokers will hound me, that I'm sure! But WHEN I win one, and I WILL win one, it will be for all you! Hey Rich, ever wonder why out of a field of nearly 200 PROFESSIONAL anglers at tourneys you NEVER see a tin rig in the bunch? At least I never have! Dwell on it a while and let me know if you figure it out!

Oh and Rich, what you smell that you cannot identify would be the smell of raw pure testosterone and manhood. Just don't get much of that with tin. But that's OK, you don't know what you're missing if you never had it to begin with right? LOL (careful grasshoppa, play with fire, you get burnt! and right now your dancing around a bonfire with a 5 gallon bucket of jet fuel strapped to your rear!) LOL

Mac, comeon! You gotta let me mess with the feable minds. It's just sooooo much fun. Look at 'em dance! LOL Dance puppet.....dance. Thata boy Rich! LOL And besides, if you guys don't know me well enough by now to know that it's all a mental phsyce up then TOO bad! LOL You have to be confident that you will win or why bother going at all? I'm looking to learn next year, and learn I'm sure I will. But I'm also looking to make a statement, and God willing and the fish keep biting, I will! Mac, ever heard of a book called "phsycocybernetics"? Sounds dry but it really isn't. The gist of the book is that you get what you say. Positive afirmation man. Your mind truly doesn't know the difference between what's real and what's imagined, but will act upon both equally and begin to take actions to bring that event to fruition (sp?). If you say you're going to win...you can and will, if you say you won't then you can't! That simple. It's not about me being the best compared to others. It's about me being the best that I can! That will either be good enough to rise to the top or it won't, but I'll never know until I get there and try will I. I made a decision a looong time ago, I could either be one of those guys that was in his 60's (we've all run into them at tackle shops and ramps) saying "yeah, I could have been pro. I could have been the next KVD." OR I could go DO it, and at 60 or 70 say "I DID go pro and made it" of "At least I went pro and don't have to wonder". Make sense? We never know how long we have, and I don't intend to waste any of my time. When I look back, I intend to have no regrets about what I should have done or tried. That being said, the fiercely competitive side of me says, kick butt and take names.....if and when you can. You don't become a KVD or Woo by losing or talking like a loser! Just my .02! Now back to cyber B&^%$ slapping Rich around.

BRING IT Rich! LOL

alright,...just checkin,...just makin' sure your head is just full of "psychobabble" and not helium!! LOL...carry on.

Very busy now, rebuttal will follow. (Sniff, sniff) might not be yellow, could be free-range Plattsburg CHICKEN that I smell!!! LOL

And Rob, a rebuttal is a response, not the surgery you will need when I open my can o

You go ahead and open that TIN can of whoop a$$ son. Like I said before, I'm handing out A$$ whoopins and lollipops, and I'm fresh out of lollipops! So WHAT Everstart should I expect to see you at next year?????? Of course I don't expect Champlain, I don't anyone whinning about unfair advantages! How about a NBS tourney??? Tell ya what I'll do to make it fair. I'll fish like I did the Sunday of this year's rally in front of Buzz, Bob G, Jon, Bill, and Doug. I'll fish laying down with my eyes closed and with no TM! Sound fair now? LOL AND we fished BEHIND those guys after they had combed the water. And don't make me bring Toxic over here to melt that tin can toy boat or yours out from underneath you!

Beware Rich, I know how to use this, and I'm not afraid to! LOL
Can%20opener.jpg

A little white box with red X in it? Nope sure can't! LOL Nice try!

Ooops! Eating a little crow. I meant this.
60868-t.jpg

Please, I'll show you how to use one if you ever make it up here! Too bad you don't know how to use one of these to get to places that allow you to use one of those! Huh? Anyway!
nitro_929cdx_WS.jpg

Hey Rob,

Too bad you're not gonna use one of those things either...TRADER!!! Just kidding, don't go jumping on yer dang soapbox now!!!

I believe you were looking for the word traitor, but trader is not far off. Keep with the hooked on phonics, you're coming along nicely now! Remember, 1, 2, 3, 4,.......FIVE! (5) just so you know what it looks like!

And the reason I used the 929 was out of respect Ken, but if you want to be that way, then HERE!

Blasphemy he says!
Ranger.jpg

That's right I did! NOW whatcha gonna do????? LOL It's like holding up a cucifix to a vampire! LOL

Man, a guy goes to lunch and the things he misses!

OK so how did Barb's request for who's going to the rally in April turn into this useless pissing contest again??

Oh, that's right it's ROB!! LOL, words are big, actions speak volumes!!

Oh, and Barb/Scott - I'm a 75% go, I just need time to get the logistic's worked our with my in-laws and Beka on our trip the week before to Tulsa and our trip that week to Big Cedar Lodge!

Hey, it was NOT useless. A LOT of fun was had by all......well at least me! LOL

Trep, how much to big Cedar for the whole trip? I've been wanting to take my family there for a few years, but my wife keeps wanting Disneyland. If I save $2000 by goind to Big Cedar...........

Alrighty then, first $650 to any Everstart event? Now why should I have to pay for the chance whoop you at fishin?! I am sure we will meet someday and the better man will win, you will just have to wait for then to lose! Besides, you are gonna be doing this full force and I know you can beat those guys on the tour, but me AND the rest of the pro's...? Then there is the fact that I would be taking winner's money home, all the extra taxes, who needs those worries? I am content to wait for the rally we both can attend, plus it will give you the extra time to practice!

Now as for the reason there are so few tin boats, well that is obvious. All those guys are competing to be the best, right? Well once they become the best, we let them get the tin. Win...Tin... See? Perfectly obvious!

Glass is glass, they are all second to tin, no matter the brand!

I got my own lollipops Rob, you don't have to worry about that!! And you can bring Toxic, it is a known fact that those plastic boats will melt quicker than my tin!

LOL!!

Rob and anyone else,

On a more serious note, I am thinking of planning a trip to the Finger Lakes region of NY next year. Has anyone been there? What would be the best time to go, spring or fall? Any info appreciated.

Rich D

spring is a good time for the browns and lakers.

the bass season cayuga upper end of the lake is the better part.

Jeff..

You comin...I need a partner..you have first "dibbs"...

Jeff -

If you have problems on the boat, Greg's the one to have along! I can attest to that! Not only does he know how to fix stuff, he follows commands real well ("Forward!" "Reverse!") and will keep you in stiches while doing it!

me!

Scott...

That excellent Marine Corps training....made me an ideal "voice command shifter"...I tried to get our BASS club to select Mark Twain for our Classic... I knew where the "big ones" were hiding out... Everywhere WE didn't fish! Did you find a club? I'm sending a check for a single...

im trying to greg,i have to see what happens between now and then.im planning on going,but got to see what happens between now and then.

scott i know about the oncommand shifter,my cable broke at the rally,all i had was forward,but that was all i needed!

the wifes telling me to go,but all my driving partners here are not into planning trips that far ahead.

whats the matter not fishing today either?raining here,sucks too!

Rain here, too. Scott, I'm sending a check for a "single"...That way I won't "snore" someone to death!

Rain here, too. Scott, I'm sending a check for a "single"...That way I won't "snore" someone to death!

rain did us good here though,water levels are up.was a slow rain,put the wind is here now.almost went to lake ontario this am,might still be going tomorrow though.

snoring doesnt bother me at all.wife snores bad,wakes herself up sometimes!

us tinmen got to stick together!

Rich, the best time to fish any NY lake is May IMHO. The toads are all up shallow in the prespawn, in the regular haunts and slamming. Plus you don't have to contend with much recreational boat traffic that time of year too. I have never fished the fingers personally but hear they can be awesome. Have fun, and if you dare to, drive the extra couple of hours up here for some REAL action and so I can get you A$$ whoopin off of my "to do" list! LOL

Things to do:

Buy milk

Pick up dry cleaning

Outfish Rob

Clean Rob's tears from boat carpet

Stop at bank

Think you forgot a few!

Wake up

Get back in touch with reality

Go to as many bass seminars as you can fit in

try to get out of it all together

and finally....