1. Welcome to Nitro & Tracker Owners! Join today, registration is easy!

You can register using your Google, Facebook, or Twitter account, just click here.

2008 Nitro 288 Livewells

Thread in 'Boat Chat' started by Steve Mabry, Aug 25, 2017.

1. Steve Mabry

Steve Mabry New Member

Hello, I'm new to the group and have a question about the livewell operation on the 2008 Nitro 288 sport. I just purchased the boat, first boat I've owned with livewells. There is a 3 position switch on the console for each of the 2 livewells. Center position is off but not sure what the up and down positions do. Any explanation would be greatly appreciated! Thanks in advance!

2. firedog978

firedog978 Well-Known Member

Hello Steve.
    I have a 2001 Nitro 175 Sport F&S, a few years older and smaller than yours. But I think the livewell switch operates the same as yours.
    The dash switch indeed has 3 settings, center is off, up is continuous fill, down is timer fill ( off and on automatically ).
    I also (you may too) have a 2 position lever just below the throttle. See picture. Turned to left is "empty", turned to right keeps livewell from emptying. Circled in blue on picture.
    Hope this helps!

Attached Files:

J.Schmidt likes this.
  3. J.Schmidt

J.Schmidt New Member

Hi Steve, I have a 2005 288 sport and I approve of firedogs response on the 3 way toggle switches for bow & aft. We do not have a 2 toggle switch below our throttle. Be sure you have no plugs installed prior to using the livewells to ensure you dont blow a hose fitting and drain in your hull.