2008 90 hp Optimax power up

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Mixon

Reaction score
Is there a way to flash the computer on the 2008 Optimax 90 hp to change it to a 115 hp? Is there a power chip maybe that will do it? I am told that I have to buy the computer fot the 115 hp if I want the increase.

you can but the flash on screemandfly.com but... it voids any warranty you have on your motor.

not a good choice for very littel gain if any. some 90's already preform like 115's you may add 3-5 mph you'll get better value just making sure your setup is good and your boat is balanced properly i.e. ( it's load distribution)

if your sure you need a 115 then my choice would be to repower that way you dont kill your resale value with unauthorized after market computer flash over.

I would definately get Bob B's advice before doing anything like that. Remember, the 115 is also carbed/injected differently too. I would venture to say there is more to the HP gain than simply reprogramming the ECM. You run the risk of blowing it up and like Joe said, your warranty will be void so is it worth it for a few mph??

Latest posts

Back