200 vs 225 on Z

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ok first off $3000 dif in price from the 200 to the 225. But is there really that much difference. I know several will say bigger is better but I would like to hear from someone who has been in a Z8 with a 200 and a 225.

On top speed its just a few miles per hour.

$3000 is a lot of fishing equipment, boat electronics, and gear. If you're a tournament angler, and every MPH counts, then I would go for it. Resale will be slightly better too. However, if your a weekend sportsman, and you can accept not being the fastest boat on the water, then save the money.

I know a lot of people who bought massive mini-mansion homes but couldn't afford furniture...

Buy the 225. It's worth it.

If you don't buy the 225, and opt for the 200 instead, I sincerely beg you to not post a "I'm trying to get more speed out of my..." post a few months from now. :lol: I can't begin to tell you how many of those I've seen on this board and others. :p

In the end, of course, it's your decision. But for my money, I always max out the HP on my boats. If you don't need it and have it anyway, no loss. If you need it, but don't have it, well then you are out of a lot more money in the future when it's time to upgrade.

All the best,

Glenn

Take a quick poll for RE-SALE. See how many people would want the bigger motor......:blink:

Badbass, I have a 2010 Z8 with the 200 proxs.

All i can say is that i am completly happy with the performace of the 200. It has a very good hole shot and a top speed of 68 GPS with the fury 24. If your not interested in going 70 plus the get the 200 and save the money, you won't regret it.

Hope this helps, M. Henry

Latest posts

Back