170 dc info

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Dallaire

Reaction score

Last winter I bought my self a 1996 nitro 170dc. It has less then 5 hours on the boat since new. Now when I own something I like to know everything about it. I guess what I am looking for is either a owners manual or a promotional ad* showing all the features that came or can come with the boat.

This boat was stored indoor's and has zero signs of wear or fade to the gel coat. What can you guys tell me about this years new toy? ( other then underpowered ).

nitro.jpg

You'll like the boat...I've got a 96 170TF (single console model) with a 115 Merc on it. Is that a 75 on the tail end? If so, it is severely underpowered. Also, check the crossmembers on the trailer thoroughly. I didn't check mine well enough and wound up having to buy a trailer a year after I got the boat, due to the crossmembers rusting completely through. The tubular trailer, even though it has "weep holes" in the bottom of the crossmembers, will rust from the inside out, as the inside of the tubular steel isn't treated or galvanized. The rust will cause the "weep holes" to plug up and allow water to sit in the tubular steel. Other than that, for such a small boat, it handles water pretty well.

If I can ever get back onto my old computer, I have a site bookmarked with a PDF file of the Nitro/Tracker spec sheet on my boat, which should have the same features as yours minus the dual console. I was searching around on the 'net one night at work right after I got mine and found it and emailed the link to myself. I bookmarked it when I got home the next morning, but I have since changed computers and don't have it on this one.

I have a 1993 170 DC give me a couple of days and I can put together the info I have. I just need to unwrap my boat to get at the info to see what I have. I know I have manuals in the boat.

I am taking delivery of a 1996 160 Rick Clunn with the OEM 75 Merc. Its not near as nice as your 170DC, a project boat, but everything works and i should have it in the water this weekend. Being a rpoject Im worried about the prop. It looks like its had a lot of re-work done. Anyone have a suggestion for good size new prop, im thinking a 4 blade aluminum. I'll mainly fish out of but the kids want to tube too.

Thanks!!!

Latest posts

Back