115 4-Stroke Mercury MPG

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Morganstern

Reaction score
Can anyone give me a ballpark figure of what kind of MPG I should be expecting out of this motor? It's on a 2002 Nitro 188 Sport.

Thanks

Larry, My new boat with With a Merc 115 EFI 4 Stroke has not arrived yet, so I could not tell ya first hand. The Merc/Yamaha (same motor) has some performance figures at www.yamaha-motor.com Follow the link to The performance reports. Here you can view a Lund Model 1675 Pro Sport with a Yamaha 115 2 Stroke under the 2 Stroke Section. Compare this to the Lund Model Mr. Pike 17 with a Yamaha 115 4 Stroke. There are Mileage comparisons, and GPH (gallons per hour) The 1675 Pro Sport is my new boat with a Merc 115 EFI 4 Stroke.

What RPM and prop did you wind up with? The Yamahas are tested with a 13 X 19 and turn correct RPM

Mine came with a 13 x 18 Vengeance stainless prop. With 3 hrs on it, it was getting 5000 rpm. Now with 5 hrs, it's getting 5400 rpm. After looking at the Yamaha site, it looks like it will do about +/- 4 mpg and around 10 gph WOT. Estimating about 3400 lbs all loaded up. Thanks for the heads-up on the Yamaha site. I've been to it before, but hadn't dug deep enough into it.

Latest posts

Back