What do you all carry in your boat??

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John Foster

Reaction score
I am getting my boat ready for its first trip out this year and was wondering what you all carry in your boat when you go out. Besides all the rods, reels and tackle.

John

Extra set of keys. Extra prop. Set of tools. Camera. 50' of rope. Raingear. Prob the first thing I would do is walk around the Boat and make sure everything is tight i.e Lugs and Tongue area and Prop. Check the air pressure (Inc spare). Check the Batteries. Other than that (Dont forget your license), have a great day on the water. I will be getting mine out this week.

Max <><

I would add the following: charts and maps, flashlight(s), spare flashlight batteries, parts for quick repair (cable ties, duct tape, hose clamps, spare fuel bulb, light bulbs, fuses) first aid kit, anchor(s) anchor rope, drift sock, rags or towels for quick clean-up and wipe-down. Extra spool of your favorite line. Eyeglass (sunglasses) cleaner. Spare hat.

Don't ever forget the toilet paper!!!!!!!!!! Make sure your set(s) of keys will float!

40 cal Glock and a badge....what else do I need??????

JR:)

Thanks for finding that CIII... Yep, I know what you mean about your heart. I miss that old rascal too.:(

Uncle Billy

Here is what i carry in the boat.

First aid kit

suncreen

Change of clothes(in cold weather)

Raingear( i have two sets lightweght and heavy depending on season)

tool kit

Spark plugs

Electrical tape

Duct tape

Jumper cables

fuses

various crimp connectors

tm prop, pin and nut

hub kit for big motor prop

prop wrench

trim relay's

anchor and rope

extra rope

gallon of two cycle oil

walkie talkie with weather radio

rags/hand towels

flare gun(requirement in NH)

paddle

dock hook

I think thats it, most of it fits in two watrerproof boxes i put under the rear compartments in my 882. the rest goes in the spare rod locker.

1000 bags of plastic

50 ea - 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0 and 6/0 offset worm hooks

50 ea - 1/0, 2/0, 3/0, 4/0, 5/0 and 6/0 EWG hooks

About 60 lbs. of tru-tungsten weights (don't tell me you still use lead!) - Start a separate thread if you really wanna know why...

80-100 bandit crankbaits

Less than 57 gallons of gas

3 gallons of oil

2 extra lighters in separate ziplock bags

1 extra pack of smokes

3 bud lights per person

1 Digital camera

1 giant smile as I sit here wonderin' when the ice will melt...

I agree with JR, but he forgot the pipe bombs and a net

I carry a lot of the same stuff that the other guys have listed. One thing not listed that has come in handy a couple of times is a old golf umbrella. Not for rain as much as getting out of the sun...sometimes you just gotta cop some shade. I also figured it would come in handy in case of a hailstorm.

I've been thinking about getting a CB or VHF radio for the boat. You never know when you're going to get stranded out there all by yourself with no cell phone service.

Harpo

Harpo, get a VHF it will do a better job on the water & is monitered by the Coast Guard & other boaters.;)

Cell phone

extra 12 pack of beer

dozen cans of viena sausages in case beer runs out:D

Between the boat and the truck.... "Stuff"

2 ton hydraulic jack

Lug nut wrench

Extra fuses

Soldering iron powered by AA batteries

Solder

Volt/ohm meter

Jumper Cables or booster/power supply pack

Extra transducer

Extra drain plug

Electrical wire

Electrical tape

Nylon cable ties

Duct tape

Basic tool kit(could be a separate discussion)

Flashlight

Extension cord

Oil

Battery charger

First aid kit

Trailer Light bulbs

Extra Trolling Motor Prop, Nut and Pin

Liquid Wrench or WD40

Extra spark plugs

Spark plug wrench

Extra prop

Crimp connectors

Electrical gel

12 volt compressor

2 cans of "fix-a-flat"

Emergency Flashers (planer board flasher lights work great)

Velcro

Adjustable bungee cords

Spare livewell/bilge pump (cartridges)

Extra fuel filter

fuel bulb

Hose clamps

2 Splice inserts for fuel line

High pressure fuel/trans line w/hose clamps

Spare keys

Cell Phone

Rope

18 volt cordless drill (assorted tips)

Drill bits

Small assortment of nuts, bolt, screws

2X3 sheet of 3/4" plywood for under the jack

Pair of jack stands

Super Glue great for quick

5 minute epoxy

Aluminum putty

Wire

Hand Saw or Hack Saw

Paper Towels

Small butane torch

Extra relays for the power tilt/trim on both kicker and big motor

Blocks to block wheels

Tow strap

Small gas can

Tire plug kit

12v impact wrench kit

Extra bearing set for the trailer

Tarp

Work gloves

Water-less hand cleanser.

One pulling point (has come in handy ice fishing when the tires melted in)

12 volt work lights

12 volt vacuum cleaner

Landing Nets

Fishing Maps

Anchors

Drift Socks

Extension Cords

Extra Fishing Line

Tools

Circuit Tester

Grease Gun for Hubs

Minnow Bucket(s)

Leech Bag

Cooler(s)

Freezer Packs

Mooring Cover

No-scent soap

Motor Oil

Jumper Cables

Drinking Water

Electronics

Rods/Reels

Planer boards

Bug Spray

Flare Kit and whistle

Duct tape

Electrical tape

Extra drain plug

Hook Sharpener

Extra fuses

Rod tip replacement

Stainless screws

Cordless drill

Reel lube/grease

Extra set of wheel bearings

First aid kit (Advil)

Shovel, tow rope, oars

Life jackets

Hand warmers

Fishing license

Crankbaits

Crawler Harnesses

Live Bait Rigs

Live Bait Components

Jigs

Rain Gear (spare) Flashlights/headlamps/spotlight

Thermos

Boots

Gloves

Jackets

Sunglasses

Sponsor Hats

Sponsor Shirts

Important Phone Numbers

Snacks

Scale

Measuring board

Spare electrical parts

Fish pliers

Jaw spreaders

Toilet paper

Address/phone no. of bait shops

Extra Cash

Extra boat and truck keys

Suntan Lotion

Extra prop, hub, prop wrench

Between the boat and the truck.... "Stuff"

Man that's alotta' stuff..:blink:

I think my boat would sink with all that. And my truck is only a 1/2 ton. :p

Steve

Greg you need my boat more than ever with all that crap.....JR:rolleyes:

Wow. I will need a a bigger boat to fit all this stuff.

I think I have everything except the dang Jack Nuts..:blink:

Thanks everybody..

Guys....

Those twio lists were the "distilled" wisdom of a few dozen walleye tournament fishermen. We sat around and compared "lists" and figured out what was "essential" and "useful"... Then we put it all into two lists in no particular order or category.

When on the road for a week long tourney that is what I carry between the truck and the boat... (plus Neeley's list which is more useful than my own)... I have pretty much avoided the ruined day because of all that "stuff"...

When you are in a town of less than 100 people and the biggest "store" is a gas station you need to be self sufficient. Oh, and add to that a cordless sawzall and a few random lengths of 3/4" plastic pipe that I have begun to carry as well... When you have to cut it short it is invaluable and the pipe is very handy for "splinting" "stuff". For a one week long tournament and prefishing I wish I could tow my garage down the road!

JR,

I would love your boat... But, still have two more semesters (summer and fall) for my daughter... then I will have disposable income out the... (fill in the blank)... I have had one, two and/or three (for one year) in college since 1998... That's why my boat is a 1993!

But, my wife has furniture, etc... plans for the first couple of years...:( so I am repowering...;)

Greg and Carlos...............that was great......bottom line....you can't possibly carry everything you 'might' need so take the things that the coast guard recommends for rescure and safety and go have fun. Yes, you might have to wait for help if you break down but that will happen in time. And you might have to cut your fishing trip short but at least you are alive to fish another day........kenny

All my "chit" lol....that wouldnt fit in your boat with you and I in there....

And I am sure this year will be different unless you get off yer arse and sell yours. Did you email chuck?

I am going to have fun messing with you this year when I am running MY Ranger...lol

Mini

I never carried it but thought it was a heck of an idea when I saw it on another site. Or maybe it was here, I don't remember.

Someone mentioned he carried like a 3' length of PVC pipe for when he had to pee while in the boat.. He said he didn't like trying to balance himself on the side or back of the boat and anyway, he always "dribbled" on the boat or carpet when he was done. Now he just gets his pipe out and uses that to "guide" the flow wherever he wants it to go. If he has a pro pole he doesn't even have to move.:D

Before I ever had a chance to try that out I had my back fusion surgery and after they relieved me of that &$(_+^$@*) catheter they gave me a plastic jug-like container with a curved neck and opens and closes at the top in case I couldn't get to the bathroom with all of those gadgets hanging off of me. Well, I haven't used it in the boat yet but it worked great in the hospital!:eek: I took mine and the one they stored in the bathroom home so now I have pee stations fore and aft in the boat.:lol: I don't think anyone would ever know what you were doing if they glanced over at your boat or were looking from shore.:unsure:

Just think, they could be painted to match all of the different boat colors, given a catchy name and be sold to Bass fishermen who will buy anything. It could be something like the Roland Martin's Bass Boat Bladder Helper...A millionaire idea!:p:p

Uncle Billy

Uncle Billy... a few guys I know use a plastic wiffle ball bat with the ends cut out....

OK, in regards to p-ing.....for those of you 50 and older here is some good info in regards to BPH (enlarged prostate-common in over 50 year old men) resulting in loss of pressure, and waking 2-3 times a night to P. I have been on saw palmetto for the past 3 months and it has helped my condition by 20-30%. Less waking up during the night (usually only once now as compared to 2-3 before) increased pressure and when the urge comes, I can put if off much easier now.I found a company on the internet where I get a 6 months supply for around $47, free shipping and you only take one softgel a day 320mg. Cheaper than wal mart and shipped to your door 1-888-772-2741 or go to www.ProstateRX.net and read about it. For those who are going through this, and you don't want to get on a RX, it is worth a try and remember, in order for it to work, you have to give it at least 2-3 months. I have taked saw palmetto before but when I bought a month upply I didn't notice much so I would forget to get more until I read that it takes 2-3 months for it to take effect-they were right on.kenny

I can't wait to see old Rowland demo'ing that one.....

AWWWWWWW SON....IT'S A BIG ONE....IT'S A GIANT........SOOOOOOOOOOON IT'S HUGE!!!!

:lol::lol::lol:

Harpo

HaHaHaHa... I just saw Kenny G's profession in his profile.."Physical Educator".. You sure were in this case Kenny.:lol::lol:

Back