Water pressure gauge

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tyler Bridges2

Reaction score
Hello all,

I have been lurking here for a few weeks, great site, lots of good info. I bought my first boat about six weeks ago, (Nitro NX 750 w/ 90 hp 2-stroke). On the way home from picking the boat up (1 1/2 hour drive) the glass cover came off the water pressure gauge. I contacted my dealer (BPS) and the said they would order me a new gauge. I used the boat and the old water pressure gauge worked fine. I got the new gauge and installed it, and it doesn't work. The lights work, but no pressure. All I did was un-hook the 2 electrical connections and the water hose and hook them up to the new gauge. Have I done something wrong? Do I need to bleed the line? Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Tyler Bridges

Well Curly, you need to have someone else drive the boat, then unhook the hose. Tell the driver to floor it as you look inside the hose real closely.

I've got nothing, but I couldn't resist a good 3-stooges moment :)

I would guess that you need to bleed the line.

I'm sure somebody will know for sure.

And welcome to the wonderful world of boat ownership,1 1/2 hours,not even in the water,,,and you're already working on it.:)

Steve

Ummm just a sugestion...I know the lights work and all but maybe check your wiring? I guess if the lights work then it should be ok but I would double check it just to be sure.

T.S.

bleed air out of hose electric has noting to do with operation other than lights JD

Back