Trolling motor hour meter

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cceguy

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Power Drive 24 volt trolling motor running off 2 12 volt LiPo batteries in series. Is there a simple way (not getting into the trolling motor) to hook up an hour meter to show only running hours, not total hours the motor is plugged in?

Don't know of an hour capacity meter, but a State of Charge meter than is shunt connected will give you amps being used (input when charging and output when operating), voltage, capacity remaining, and time remaining at the trolling motor speed setting. Wireless to a mobile app for a readout. Some LiFePO4 batteries have that built in and you can add one if you want. I use the Amped Outdoors product and see the readouts on my smartphone. I am looking at my trolling motor batteries on my smartphone when in my den now. You program it for LiFePO4 batteries and the full charge voltage. https://www.fishusa.com/Amped-Outdoors-Bluetooth-Smart-Battery-Monitor/?sku=219650

Victron has a similar add-on Bluetooth monitor as well as a few more companies. GOOGLE it.

Back