Tracker made it right

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bill Carter2

Reaction score
I have mentioned on this board a couple of times the problem I have had with the seat hinges on my 2005 Targa.The hinges bend all out of shape when you lean back on the seat. They gave me a new set of hinges that I had to replace [warranty,?whats wrong with this picture]

myself. These hinges where different and a little better than the original but very flimsy also.

I took one out of the box and bent it into a pretzel in the Tracker showroom,and told them to order more because these wont last aether.[Boy they didn't like that in front of folks they were

trying to sell Trackers to]Anyway that all said,Tracker has replaced all my seats [3 that came with the boat and 1 extra I got from the dealer.So I got 4 seats that are for the 2006 Tundra.

Very nice. I think the problem is all solved now.It looked grim for awhile,but I think maybe

it depended who was notified of the problem.I was for a while not to happy that I got the second new Tracker in 4 years.In fact I told them I had wished I had got a Lund. So it took awhile but they made it right. My confidence restored in Tracker.[I never had any problem with my 2000 Pro team 175 SE so that is a lot of reason I got another] Now I see a negative post about the optimax. I put a 115 on this boat and like it. I hope the belt problem was a fluke.

Well your a lucky man. I have a 2004 Nitro NX750. Bought in April of 2004. For the 1st. year i used the boat 3 times the dealer owned it the rest. Merc 125 would not run. The ride to the dealer everytime was hour plus one way. It took till January 2005 they put a new motor on it 135 Optimax. That was great but now we want from V-4 58mph to 65+ V-6. Well don't you know it has single cable steering, had to buy new steering out of pocket. In all the motor changing they cracked the top transom cover (plastic part). Wanted $70 to replace haha your kidding me right. Motorguide trolling motor cable squeeks real bad, motorguide won't fix because trolling motor pedal was installed in a recessed floor and its not recommended, and to top it all off the dealer gave me a 26P tempest plus as a prop and only turning like 5000 now i have to fend for myself to get the correct prop and setup. Don't get me wrong Nitro is a beautiful boat but man when does it end. Do you have to get the correct tires for your car when you buy a new NO they are the right ones. This has been a horible experience. I have had my new engine now since January too cold so around april may started using and I just hit 10 hours and still can't get the right prop and setup. Let me tell you I WILL NEVER BUY ANOTHER NITRO. I have always wanted one since a little kid and man it is taking the fun of fishing away. And Tracker doesn't even seem to even care. Everyone points the finger at the other manufacture, so be lucky you got your problem solved I'll let you know what year I get mine.

I still don't understand it !

Why hasn't Tracker/Nitro pullled their heads out of the sand yet?

Bill...You and I are just a FEW of the lucky ones....most never ever get their problems resolved and I just don't get it.:huh:

I guess if you want to be #1 in boat sales...You HAVE to screw the consumer!:angry:

Their Customer Service IS the pits IMHO and your talikn' to someone that has DEFINITELY been down that road and my ass has a rash from it!:unsure:

Back