The Kicker is Working !!!!!!

• Thread starter Teri C. [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library/8544/
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Teri C.

Reaction score
Now this is how I like to spend my evenings after work....
happy.jpg

I rigged it this weekend and took it out tonight. Worked like a charm.
109-0924_IMG.JPG

Here is the reason why I had to have it. This is the reservior I live by.
eagle_creek.jpg

Good golly, Ms. Molly, that is GORGEOUS!! I've got to drive a couple of hours to even FIND a lake that looks as peaceful and serene as that.

Oh....and congrats on getting your kicker motor rigged to your satisfaction.

Hey! I recognize that motor! I got the same model. How do you like it Teri? Glad it is working for you! Hey, any idea how I can rig one on the back of my Jeep 'til I get the converter issue resolved?

Rich D

Mike, I fly solo most of the time. :)

Rich, the motor was great. It's so light I can lift it on there by myself. It started right up every time and I was surprised at how quiet it was. Sorry about your Jeep. That dealer sounds pretty crappie (not a naughty word, it's a fish).

Teri, NO! Listen here woman... you can back down a trailer, you can drive a boat, and dang it, you like to fish... short of that whole fascination with the NFL, you're perfect for me. And I think I'm perfect for you... you do like fat, ugly, bald, married men, right? :)

Teri,

I'm glad your hard work and effort paid off!! It looks like a nice set-up. I see your trailer is missing a nice set of Boat Buckles!

Bob G.

Bob - I notice that too, infact there are NO transom TieDowns installed.

Teri - I HOPE you took this picture at the ramp or took off the tiedowns for purdys-sake!

Looking good! Boat and you!!

How come you gotta padlock the motor to the boat? Fish threatenin' to steal it? Or were you afraid it would fall off? I'll bet a lot of people see you cruising down the lake and say...OMG, who's steering the boat?!?

TOXIC

Ok Cecil,

I hope that Eagle Creek does not smell too bad.. you all there in Indianna are scaring me!!!

Teri, cool setup!! Looks like all the hard work has paid off!!!!

Carlos

Whats the place with the red roof ( i know it's not the chain! ) That,s pretty!KB

Cecil, they just treated it for algae. They do that about once a year. I didn't really smell anything. There have been times where the chemicals killed alot of fish and they wash up and it stinks until they clean it up. My drinking water comes from there. Kind of scarey.

Toxic, the lock is on there to hold the cable closed (looped). The cable is just a safety measure in case the motor decides to fall off. May not use it once I am positive this kicker bracket can handle chop. Better safe than sorry.

KB, the place with the red roof is Rick's Cafe. It's a pretty nice restaurant where you can eat inside or outside by the water. The lake is restricted to 10hp so it is primarily used for sailing, rowing, pontoons and fisherman. That's why I like it so much. It rarely gets crowded because you can't ski and no waverunners.

Cooters?

Smelly water?

Fat, ugly, bald people?

Chains and restraints?

Sounds like the nekid pontoon party from two years ago!!

me!

Get looking set up Teri, have you tought about connecting the kicker to your big motors fuel tank so you don't have to use up space in your boat for a second gas tank. Just a thought, but either way it still looks good.

Well then it all makes perfect since Teri. Sorry I wasn't thinking about the 2-stroke premix.

My partner in crime took the picture....Thelma and Louise hit the lake again!!

Teri,

What size engine do you have in your boat (big one not the kicker)? I'm looking at the 185 sport too. What kind of speed are you getting?

Looks like you are really enjoying it. :)

I have a 115hp. It is fast enough for me. It maxes out at 150hp so I felt the 115 was fine. I don't have all the fancy GPS things so based on the speedometer and 2 light weight adults it tops 50 pretty easy with low chop. I really do enjoy this boat. It does everything I want it to and it fits in my garage. I probably should have went with the 188 but this was at the boat dealer and I loved the color.

Mike, the 188 has more standard features than the 185. I ended up adding or upgrading to equip it like the 188 anyway. Without looking, I think the 188 has a 24v 63 lb trolling motor, a bimini top, a steel prop, and trailer brakes. I pretty much added all this stuff to mine.

Teri,

I would like to add a 9.9 kicker to my Pro Deep v-16. Is the plate you have installed movable up and down & can you use a short shaft motor or is yours a long shaft.

Thanks, Bill

Bill, you will have a much easier time mounting a kicker than I did because you have a flat transom. The plate has about 5 settings to adjust the height. I had a short shaft on my old boat with this plate but I would recommend a long shaft to get deeper in the water. You can view several plates at Cabelas.com. Garelick is the most popular I think.

Teri,

If I may make a recommendation, go out and get an extension handle for your motor. BPS and Cabela's sell them for around $20 bucks. It will stow in your rod locker and allow you to put in the seat pedestal and drive the boat. I am actually able to sit in the drivers seat and work the throttle with the extension handle and use the main motor as a tiller to steer the boat. It is the icing on the cake.

Rich D

I did buy an extension handle but it isn't long enough. I am going to order a different on when I get around to it. Thanks for the suggestion.

Latest posts

Back