Tell us what is biting out there..

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Berry Lindley

Reaction score
Things here are kind of slow in mid TN due to the heat, and lack of rain, and work on an upriver dam. Anything good going on out there? I'm on a "fair" striper bite that ought to be good, we need some current and fresh water.

Crappie continue to be excellent at our small State Park 10hp Lake.

Went out today for awhile. Nice day, but slow bite. Had one smaller hybrid down near the bridge. Lot's of bait in the water, just not much action.

Tex

Water levels holding on the lake in GA. (Allatoona) and White Bass and Spots are getting active in morning and evening bite.

The lake has Tournaments about every day on it. So it gets fished alot. Makes it abit hard to find them, but just more of a challenge.

Dan

Here in So. Cal. I spend my Saturdays at Lake Casitas. The bite has been decent on the bass. A little topwater in the mornings and a steady bite all day on plastics or DD-22 cranks in 20'-25'. A lot of 2-6 pound fish. Has been a good year for the DD fish but the last 2 months only a few at 10 - 12 pounds have been caught. Water temp is near 80 in the afternoon. Love this place especially after the Quaga/Zebra mussel scare.

Fishing steady for me with slow rolling spinnerbaits on the bottom the best pattern at this time. There are still fish hanging in shallow water along the edges of emergent vegetation. Caught 9 lb limit Saturday [4 lb 1 oz kicker; purple chartreuse Wiggle Wart in 8 feet] and 11 lbs Sunday [5 lb 10 oz kicker; shad colored CJBASSCUSTOMLURES spinnerbait in 2 feet grass]-same lake.

smallmouth are biting on St Clair....but that isnt news.

What is news? Well I got another peice of Scales and Tales awards this weekend by winning the Oakland Bass Masters Tournament Charity Open on St Clair. Bill did big bass awards and first place plaques. Darren Lear and I won with 27.8 pounds on 6 fish. We did have 2 dead ones so our official weight was 25.8, big bass was 5.83.

Thanks Mac!!!!!

That's awesome...considering you didn't even want to fish that tournament as of saturday morning!! LOL...now...since you got a FREE entry on top of that, write a check out to OBM for their fundraising efforts and EVERYONE will have WON that day!!;);)

Lookin' forward to lunch one day this week!!

Mac

I bought enough raffle tickets....

Fished the hotside this past weekend for about two hours (shouldn't have slept in!). Got skunked. Water temps were at 90F at the third lagoon. Have a feeling the fish are just feeling too hot! Haven't had much luck on the lower Potomac either. Seems my personal best earlier this season was the high point for the lower part of the river. On the other hand, slammin' the heck out of them on the upper Potomac at Point of Rocks. Been getting 50+ fish each time over the course of half a day. Last outing two weeks ago, had a few nice smallies at what I'm guess to be pound to two pounds each. I know, probably nothing to you big lake guys, but it was fun to go wet wading with just a rod in one hand and a shoulder bag full of lures in the other with the fishing kayak tied to a rock near shore.

Topwater is on fire at Lanier!! The only problem is 96 of the 103 available ramps are closed!!! If you don't have a private access or aren't on the water, be prepared for an hour or more wait at the ramps open.

P.S. Bring your own water!:lol:

If y'all just knew how many folk here are praying for a good loooooong soakin'! Our lake resembles the moon more than a resevoir. :(

You have 103 ramps on that pond???

That is more than 4 times what it available on St Clair! and its over 525 square miles!

If you add in the private marinas, we have several more than the 103 public ramps. Of all those ramps though, seven are open and somewhat usable at best. (They're like backing down an interstate off ramp only to get in the water and back up to the cab to get deep enough for launch!!) Our 38,000 acres at norm is about half that and dropping daily. Hartwell is a little better, but not by much. Pray for Fay!!

Wait'll you get normal pool again (if it ever does??!!)...Your fish population should explode!!

Latest posts

Back