Targa Transducer issues

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowguide

Reaction score
Good afternoon,

I have a Targa V18 and just before my boat is on plane, I lose all bottom imaging. At about 7 mph any view of the bottom on my electronics goes away until I slow down. I have adjusted the factory installed transducers and it made no difference. I have taken it back to the Bass Pro where I purchased it, and they are not helpful.

I didn't have this issue on my 2021 Tracker bass boat.

Thank you

Losing image is caused by loss of contact with smooth water. It can be caused by being inline with ridges or rivets on the bottom of your boat, turbulence from your prop, being mounted in a poor location or angle, poor water clarity. There are dozens of videos on You Tube showing the correct way and placement to mount transducers so I won't try to put in words what video does 100 times better. What I will offer is that if you have tried raising and lowering and adjusting the angle in it's current location without success, get a tube of 4200 sealant and a transducer mounting board. remove your current mount, seal the holes liberally and mount the board so you have something to properly mount your transducer with and won't have multiple sets of holes in your boat as you try to identify the right location. Never had a boat we couldn't find a location that would carry a picture to at least 25mph+ before it started dropping out. A deep V is easier than a bass boat that rides on a pad and can do the side to side dance sometimes lifting the transducer too high to get a steady reading.

Here's a couple videos to get you started.

Losing image is caused by loss of contact with smooth water. It can be caused by being inline with ridges or rivets on the bottom of your boat, turbulence from your prop, being mounted in a poor location or angle, poor water clarity. There are dozens of videos on You Tube showing the correct way and placement to mount transducers so I won't try to put in words what video does 100 times better. What I will offer is that if you have tried raising and lowering and adjusting the angle in it's current location without success, get a tube of 4200 sealant and a transducer mounting board. remove your current mount, seal the holes liberally and mount the board so you have something to properly mount your transducer with and won't have multiple sets of holes in your boat as you try to identify the right location. Never had a boat we couldn't find a location that would carry a picture to at least 25mph+ before it started dropping out. A deep V is easier than a bass boat that rides on a pad and can do the side to side dance sometimes lifting the transducer too high to get a steady reading.

Here's a couple videos to get you started.

Liked the 2nd video. Very interesting to learn about reversing the transducer for better performance. Never have heard of doing that before. Thanks for sharing.

Latest posts

Back