Taking on water

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Don Doyle

Reaction score
I have a 2006 911 CDC that is taking on water. I think it may be an issue with the livewell hoses. I have removed everthing on top of the hoses and pumps in preparation of putting it in the water to look for leaks. Anybody have any suggestions or ideas?

Thanks, Don

Don not sure where you are taking on water, but I thought I had a problem with my Z-7 livewells filling up. Turns out they will to the level of the boat with the plug out, duh on my part!

Good luck.

I had the hose come off the drain fitting on my livewell. Real pain to get to. I had to pull the gas tank and it still was a hard thing to get to. I have a 2001 896. Good luck and I hope it turns out to be something simple.

Gene

check the hoses on that run UNDERNEATH the livewell. They are prone to cracking rom the weight of the livewell when it is filled with water. This was especially bad with the first generation of Guardian livewells (had a lip around the top of the livewell opening). It acted as an accordian and would allow the livvewell to move when filled.

Every boat I have seen with those livewells had cracked hoses at some point.

Latest posts

Back