Starbucks

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BJ Laster

Reaction score
I remember a post the other day that contained something about starbucks...I think it was Harpo's post about new laws or something.

Anyway this past week I tried starbucks for the first real time. Now i'm hooked, i've been there three times in the past four days.

So whats your favorite drink and what should I try?

BJ

Lately I've just had a vanilla cappacino

Straight black coffee for me. At Starbucks my favorites are Yukon, Verona, and Komoto Dragon. One word of caution....stay away from the chocolate covered graham crackers and the Espresso Brownies ..... more habit forming than crack;).

Harpo

I like good old Louisiana dark blend Commuity Coffee. It puts all those fancy coffee's to shame. No flavors, no foam, just good coffee with caffiene.

Barry:)

Hey Barry...i totally agree about the Community Dark Roast. But u must remember most of these guys are Yankees...they all live north of I 20 and have no idea what Community coffee is. Ain't it sad?:lol:

RW

I drink regular coffee. I don't particularly like Starbucks, as most of their coffee tastes 'burned' to me.

And I just do not like flavored coffee at all.

Tex

Gotta' have my coffee but, I've stepped down to 1/2 caffeine in the last two years and regular leaded tastes like coffe grounds now:p

I don't like flavored coffee like French Vanilla, Snickerdoodle, or Butter Pecan either, but I do like the differant tastes you get from differant beans from differant parts of the world. I did like the Community coffee the one time I tried it. Can't get it around here except already ground and I always ground my own beans....really makes a differance.

IMHO......Starbucks is what coffee should taste like. I'm ruined as far as buying a cup of coffee at Denny's or IHOP and God forbid 7-11 or Starmart. If it tasted burned then it's probably because it stronger than you're used to because Starbucks pours out the old and brews fresh every 30 minutes. Try their light blend or have then give it a shot of hot water to take the edge off.

Harpo

I'm with TT - starbucks is nothing more than burned coffee selling for $5.00 a cup. Yuck. Believe it or not, one of my favorites is Dunkin' Donuts brand coffee. Heck of a lot cheaper and no need for all that milk, sugar, vanilla, cinnamon or whatever to make it palatable. To me, the sign of a truly great cup of coffee is one you can drink straight black without making a face like this :wacko:.

JC

Here in Louisiana after you are weaned from your mommy's breast the next thing you start drinking is coffee. I've been drinking coffee since I was at least 2 years old. It's a morning staple here in south Louisiana. I've had coffee in Europe, around the Dakota's, even on the west coast. Nothing beats a good cup of brewed coffee.

Barry

I hear ya Barry. I had a buddy in the Air Force that was from New Orleans. He drank that Chickory coffee. It was OK.

Rick, I agree with you that good coffee should be black. Putting cream and sugar in good coffee is like putting cream and sugar in fine wine. BTW a large cup of brewed coffee at Starbucks is $1.72 including tax.

Harpo

Dunkin Donuts for me.. REAL MAN'S Coffee , you can keep that Starbisket's coffee:D:D:D

White Castle is my pick of agood cup of black coffee

JD

My older brother swears by McDonalds' coffee. I know it's because he gets it for $.25. He's over 55! Ha!

Barry:lol:

You haven't lived till you have tried Tim Hortons....and I have a Starbucks below my office in DC. I drink it but prefer the Hortons now.

TOXIC

Actually, McDonald's is a pretty damn good cup of coffee. If I can't find a Starbucks then Micky D's is a good second choice.

Can't say about Dunkin' Donuts but if their coffee isn't any better than their donuts then I'll pass.

Harpo

1) Tim Hortons

2) Dunkin Donuts

3) Krispy Kreme

Yeah, I know they're all donut shops....so go ahead with all ur witty cop/donut shop jokes...LOL

Funny how the donut shops seem to have the best coffee, huh? I grew up in upstate NY where Tim Horton's abounded. Great stuff. Next best is Dunkin Donuts.

Scott - where the heck is there a TH in DC? I'm above metro center and all we got (besides starcrap) is a Firehook bakery. Their coffee is about as good as their cakes (pretty dry and tasteless!).

JC

Not here but I can get some Northern Members of the MVM to sent it to me if I get toooo desperate. I'm sure you can get it online. Ya know, Tim Hortons is owned by Wendy's.

TOXIC

Back