Silverado Fans get a good laugh.....'Yota fans...cover your eyes!!

• Thread starter Bill McElroy [URL]http://jalopnik.com/cars/pickup-
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Like the logo says"We are here to race" not to pull. OK Im reaching here,being a Tundra owner I am embarrassed :wacko:

huge difference in pulling a 5th wheel trailer of that size - Chevy is a full ton truck in that picture (HD 3500) - The 5th Wheel hitches are just now becoming available for the 07 Tundra, and even then I'm not sure that I would (nor Toyota) recomend towing that much with it (I'm sure that setup is in excess of 10k pounds).

So not embarrased at all - right truck for the right job and all that safety crap.

The funny part is the way the Toyota Tundras are portrayed on TV commercials performing unrealistic stunts. I'll stick with my GM truck performing realistic towing and hauling stunts!! ;)

Bob G.

I just laughed my butt off at that. Hey, at least they de-badged the Chevy before hitching it up (notice they took all the emblems off the side of the Chevy). Heck, I would have done a little body work to the front end to change it's appearance, swap out the steering wheel and all Chevy emblems, and put a wrap on it at least to hide it a little better. Heck... I'm still laughing. Sorry - no offense to Tundra owners.... but after all the commercials I've seen - as Bob G. pointed out, topped with all those bull**** "competitions" that I've seen on Utube about them.... I can't help but smile at this.

All the best,

Glenn

Every time I see one of 'them' vehicles with the Toyota Racing Division acronym on it (TRD), I simply laugh. Obviously, they stil haven't caught on about checking acronym's/names - prior to marketing launch.

ROTFLMAO. :rolleyes:

Tex

"Not un-realistic stunts at all"....

Yeah, I know... because I always put my truck pulling my trailer on a inclined steel beam. And I can't even count the times that I've had to pull a box trailer with cables up the side of a cliff. And if I had a nickel for every time I had to stop on a dime right before going off the side of that cliff... well, I'd have a uhhh..... well, I wouldn't really have any money, but well, you get the point. :lol:

Wanna impress me Toyota? Come out with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton pickup (diesel) that has the towing capacity of the others. Or lets do the real test like the ones in those Utube commercials, except we will use MY Dodge Ram Quad cab for the race and the bumper to bumper pull off. I hear the 'yota is "quick"... however, I've driven one - quite a bit.... and I drive my Ram every day. The Tundra might win a drag race, but put a trailer behind both and then lets race. Or lets do the pull off the right way - both trucks equiped the same - limited slip on both, 4wd in both - and put someone who knows how to drive in BOTH trucks (the Dodge Ram in the "pull off" on U-tube did not have limited slip, nor did it have 4wd... and the driver "floored it" at the beginning of the pull off - something an experienced driver would NEVER do in a pull off. The rear passenger tire was smoking up a storm, while the drivers side wasn't even moving... and the Tundra, of course, smoothly drove away while his best friend in the Ram sat there smiling as he was pulled backwards). I'd like to see someone hitch up to my Ram in a parking lot - stock v/s stock - and do that. Ain't happn'in cap'n. :cool:

All the best,

Glenn

Jeeze,

All I said was that the ads weren't done with any tricks. Didn't mean to offend your Dodge in any way.:wacko:

Steve

Steve,

I didn't mean to imply that the stunts on the commercials weren't real......just not real life applications for using a truck. If someone wanted to throw a cargo box off of a cliff while it was attached to my truck....I'm gonna get out of the truck!!!! :D

Bob G.

Bob,

I can't believe you have never had to drag a storage box up the side of a cliff..seems to happen to me once or twice a week.:blink::p

I'd throw my Dodge into reverse just to make darn sure it went over.:D I never knew those ads were done without any effects. The driver stopping at the edge is one crazy (or stupid) SOB.:blink:

What was this post about anyhow????

Oh yeah,the Chevy towing the big Toyota trailer. That's to haul all of the broken down Bowties home..:p:p:p:p:p

Steve GO STEELERS !!!!!
4631.gif

Bill,

Thank you. But what are you doing looking at my ass? My wife's going to get upset if she finds out you're checking me out. :lol:

Steve R,

I (nor my Dodge) is offended in any way. I'm just having a bit of fun man. Don't take it to heart. I laughed the entire time I was typing. Guess I should have thrown more :lol: , :p , and :D in there, huh? :lol:

Bob G,

Yep... I love my Dodge Ram... but if someone wanted to throw a cargo box off a cliff that was attached to it, I'd step out, close the door, and start dialing USAA to make an insurance claim. :lol::lol::lol: Then it's back to the Dodge Dealership to pick up a new 2500 Diesel 4x4 Quad Cab. :cool:

All the best,

Glenn

It's a little embarrassing, but very little until it's actually found out just why that Chevy was hooked up to that trailer.

I've said this a number of times. Growing up in the country I was a Chevy guy though and through, for cars that is. But while working next to the older guys cutting tobacco and doing other farm work this same (except for Toyota) argument went on over and over and over. It almost always ended with, "Billy, I like your car and it's fast and I know you like Chevy's but if you ever buy a truck like you say you're going to do, buy a Ford damn it. There's no comparison." So I started looking and darn, in Southern Maryland anyway, almost every pick-up I saw on the roads was an F-150. So that's what I started buying, nothing fancy on them, until this last pick-up which is a Toyota. It was a deal I couldn't turn down and that was after a lot of research and looking. There was one

F-150 that was comparable but when I said I wanted to take it for a drive the salesman came out with keys and a tag and said he had to go with me:rolleyes: I got out, told him he just blew a sale and went to the Toyota dealer. He gave me the keys, put a tag on it and when I fibbed and said I was going to take it to my mechanic and might not bring it back until the next day he said he didn't care, just call to let him know.

I'm very happy with my Toyota so far even though I'm still surprised I bought a vehicle who's name ends in a vowel.:huh:

And now, because of Texas Transplant, I have to spend tomorrow trying to pry the TRD off of my pick-up.

Uncle Billy

Well, I had six Dodge trucks and then I went back to FORD for the space in the SuperCrew. Now, I have had tat truck for six years and it will be a tearful day when it is gone. That has been the BEST truck I have ever owned.

However, I would love to own my Tournament Partners Chev 2500 HD Diesel. That is one fantastic truck. Another friend has a Nissan Titan that is now four years old. He has had "0" problems. In the "best" competition today it is tough to say, in my opinion.

So, I am not surprised to see Toyota hooking their trailer up to a 3500 HD Diesel. They don't make a pickup capable of safely hauling that trailer. I bet the boys with Toyota Truck Team wish they did. Because we probably aren't the only folks who se it and laugh and comment on the "facts".

The truth is that we, the truck buyers, have it great. The competition has pushed everyone of the manufacturers to the point that we have choices among some really great trucks.

Mac, you guys have every reason to be proud of the product... Now if it just said FORD...LOL:D

I still can't get over those ugly arse front ends Mac:lol:

Where's the barf smiley ?:huh:

BTW...my 94 will still outbling most new;)

I don't design'em Tee,...I just make pictures for the plant folks to put'em together!!;)

BTW...my 94 will still outbling most new

Hey Tee, my 1994 F-150 won't outbling anything but it's still a great truck and will tow its butt off. It's only got 70,000 miles on it. It has the 4.9 liter six in it and as far as I'm concerned one of the smartest things Ford ever did was keep that motor. The problem I had/have is that it's a 5-speed standard shift and I just can't push the clutch in any more. If it were an automatic I wouldn't have a new payment.:angry:

Uncle Billy

Latest posts

Back