Savage 896

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tornado

Reaction score
I have recently purchased a 1996 Savage 896. I need some help with how I can get to the livewell pumps and the bilge pump. It appears they are under the batteries and oil container but visually I can see no panel under there. Any help would be appreciated.

Start pullin batteries and rear compartment stuff, You'll find em':lol: I don't remember anything out of normal for that model so they outta be in there!! Your battery tray will be bolted in but other than that they ought to be accessable.

TOXIC

If it is anything like my '02 896 (they dropped the Savage name) EVERYTHING seems to be under the battery trays and oil tank. I have four batteries and a two gallon oil tank so getting to the "stuff" in the bilge is a pain in the butt. It is there but you gotta move everything to get to it. If you get to it make sure you check ALL the connections and fittings and replace ANYTHING that even looks remotely like it needs it. If you have multiple batteries make sure you mark ALL the electrical connections so you know how to put everything back together when you are done.

Good luck!

Is it gold and silver with a 200 EFI? Just curious I know my old 896 was sold in your area.

Latest posts

Back