Push button panel problems

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Airbear72

Reaction score
The top row of my console touch pad that controls the bilge, livewell pumps ( both sides) and the bow touch pad bilge have quit working on my 2017 Z21 Nitro. The bottom row that controls the nav lights, hirn, fan all work. Any one had this happen to them? If so what was the repair? Here is what I have done do far: 1) metered the fuse on the panel 3) removed the front panel 3) visual the main harness connectors 4) took the front panel apart to see what was in there (ton if semiconductor and chips,)

is there a breaker on your battery?
Specific to pumps? Not that I know of but will trace it out.

MyAM2 cents on the value of the panels ...

As I dig into this more people call the switch pads,TOUCH SCREENS, they are not touchscreens at all. Every function on a switch pad is a mechanical button. Pushing it sends a code down the communication bus shared between the bow switch panel, console switch panel and processor board that controls the pumps.

Here is a pic of the bow switch panel I took apart. Note the amount of semiconductor components and circuitry. Way over complicating a basic on off functionality of a switch. On the back side are 4 wires. Pwr and gnd plus the 2 wires for the comm bus. Think of it like an ethernet connection.

NET NET ... bad design, hard to troubleshoot, expensive to repair. And for something like this to be on a tournament bassboat where you want to minimize areas that could break down, kill fish and cost you a check; well WRM missed the mark bigtime with this design IMHO.

Attachments

• 20231030_133337.jpg
    20231030_133337.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Have a 2022 Nitro Pro 19. had to have whole panel replaced after 5th trip, panels are made overseas. Panels are sealed unit and whole panel needs to be replaced.

From what i could find, some of the panels are supplied by Spyder Controls Corporation in Alabama. I have had multiple problems with my control panel as well. The epoxy coating that seals the unit does not seem to offer as much protection from water intrusion as one would expect for a maritime product. Furthermore, when i removed my panel, it appeared as if the mounting screws were applied at time of boat assembly and the work was shoddy to say the least. White River Marine Group definitely needs to up their game around quality in this area.. Take a look at how the mounting screws were attached to the back of the unit. Seriously :-(

Attachments

• IMG_4780.jpeg
    IMG_4780.jpeg
    783.4 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_4783.jpeg
    IMG_4783.jpeg
    681.4 KB · Views: 0
From what i could find, some of the panels are supplied by Spyder Controls Corporation in Alabama. I have had multiple problems with my control panel as well. The epoxy coating that seals the unit does not seem to offer as much protection from water intrusion as one would expect for a maritime product. Furthermore, when i removed my panel, it appeared as if the mounting screws were applied at time of boat assembly and the work was shoddy to say the least. White River Marine Group definitely needs to up their game around quality in this area.. Take a look at how the mounting screws were attached to the back of the unit. Seriously :-(
Unfortunately poor quality control seems to be a sign of the times and has been going on for several years now.

There are similar discussions in this thread Console Power Out

Out of the factory my panel was mounted with only 1 post. The cheap connecting glue or plastic weld for the post on the bad one was about the size of a pin head and probably couldn't handle just the rattle of going down the road.

I have problems with mine intermittently dropping button functionality. The power button is still lit up and works, it's the individual buttons like bilge, lights, etc that don't work. Of course, the problem started somewhere around 1 yr and 1 month of ownership so it was out of warranty. If I unplug and replug the connection it solves it that majority of the time. When it doesn't solve the problem, it magically works after sitting in my shed without use.

Does anyone know where we can purchase these panels?
I recently purchased a 2006 Nitro 901CDX, the control panel worked, but the rubber face was gone. I purchased a new unit fron MurCal in California. Just swapped it out, it works fine. I have 10 buttons, the far left button controls running lights, the far right button controls the horn, port and starboard livewell fill buttons have a on,on,on, off settings, port and starboard livewell drain have only on and off settings. Port and starboard aerator have only on and off settings. Are the livewell fill settings for different water levels?, and do the aerators have timers? (2 buttons are inoperative) Thanks, Bill W.

I recently purchased a 2006 Nitro 901CDX, the control panel worked, but the rubber face was gone. I purchased a new unit fron MurCal in California. Just swapped it out, it works fine. I have 10 buttons, the far left button controls running lights, the far right button controls the horn, port and starboard livewell fill buttons have a on,on,on, off settings, port and starboard livewell drain have only on and off settings. Port and starboard aerator have only on and off settings. Are the livewell fill settings for different water levels?, and do the aerators have timers? (2 buttons are inoperative) Thanks, Bill W.
The live well filling buttons are timed, thinking first push is 1min on and 5min off, the second push is 5min on and 5min off, and third push is constant, maby that's turned around and first push in constant. But anyway that's the timer for livewells. Thinking my aerators have the 3 settings also like the fill pumps. My panel is ovel in its shape not square, my boat is a 2013 model year Z9.

The live well filling buttons are timed, thinking first push is 1min on and 5min off, the second push is 5min on and 5min off, and third push is constant, maby that's turned around and first push in constant. But anyway that's the timer for livewells. Thinking my aerators have the 3 settings also like the fill pumps. My panel is ovel in its shape not square, my boat is a 2013 model year Z9.
Thanks for the info, I'm checking it out later this week

Thanks for the info, I'm checking it out later this week
Is your pad square or ovel? One thing I did figure out as l just got my boat this summer. Was if somthing doesn't work correctly it flashes a yellow light on that button, and to reset , just hold the button down for a minute and it will restart.

Latest posts

Back