rod organizer

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mike Moss

Reaction score
What kind of rod organizer do you have in your rod box on your boat? My 750 nx didnt come with any.I thought about using those plastic golf club tubes and making up something.Any thoughts ?

I had bought an Osprey Rod organizer for my last boat, and made one for this boat.

Osprey = $100

Carlos made = $10.00 for a piece of MDF board

8 Golf club things that go in the golf bag (at a loss for words) 3 bucks

Carlos

Ruger,

Look on the left side in the "Grab bag". There are few examples of home made organizers. I also went with the homemade one. You can go as "quick and dirty" or elaborate as you want. I found golf club tubes priced at 3 for $1 on sale at wally world.

Good luck.

Thanks for the ideas guys! I will come up with something.

Toxic,

You of all people should know that.....DUCT TAPE! The Nascar approved 200MPH version is what I use!

Mini

My PT185 doesn't have an orgnizer either. I use rod socks from BPS. They work great at not letting the guides get all tangled up with each other and protect the rod when bouncing around in the boat. $3.99 at BPS.

Harpo
untitled.bmp

I also use the rod socks and they do an excellent job preventing tangles. If you don't have a big rod locker the socks are a good choice.

Well, let's see, if you don't have a big rod locker put a sock on your rod.....for a second there I thought I was back in freshman sex ed. class!!LOL

TOXIC

Don't forget the ultimate in "cheap" rod organizers:

Buy some foam pipe insulation at wally-world...the 'pre-cut' pieces...slide them over the end of your rod and you can have lots of them together without any tangles...different sizes available for casting/spinning rods...

az

Back