Jack Plate on 2023 Targa V18

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bowguide

Reaction score
Has anyone added a hydraulic jack plate to their Targa V18 or V19 boat?

If yes, please share what type you are using, the width of the unit, and any pictures of your unit. Plus, any lessons learned or thoughts on the subject.

I run in some lakes that have some shallow areas and a jack plate would make getting across these areas easier versus going 1/2 mile or more with the trolling motor.

Attachments

• Boat pic.jpeg
    Boat pic.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 0
Fish some stumpy areas that I have to travel through. Always put a buddy on the bow watching out for me and just use big motor trimmed up as far as I can and keep water pressure. Can usually do about 10mph or so safely. Warning, have a pre-briefing with your buddy that when he screams reverse, he better be heading towards the middle of the boat to grab something so he doesn't go over the bow. LOL.

Thanks for the tip. However, we don't have stumps. Wide open and flat here in the upper mid-west. When lakes get low in summer some areas are hard to get to our out off when not on plane. Really, had hoped someone would answer my question and provide feedback using a jackplate on a V18

Hopefully someone will. Haven't heard of anyone with a V18 or V19 using one but I'm sure someone has.

I don't have your specific boat. However I put a Bob's Marine Jackplate on mine. Best upgrade to date. It gives you tons of options to get the boat up on plane and shallow running.
Just be cautious running the motor too high and starving it for water. A motor with low water pickups is not a must but allows you to run in even skinnier water.

Latest posts

Back