Red treble hooks on crankbaits...

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Shenton

Reaction score
I just picked up some red treble hooks to put on my crankbaits. Should I replace the front, back, or both? What about top water, verses bottom?

I bought a couple packs of Eagle Claw wide gap worm hooks in red.. Has not made a difference with my numbers. I still need to have the lucky rabbits foot, lucky charms, and four leaf clover to catch fish in this darn river up here, and that lately has not worked either.

I saw VanDam interviewed and he claimed the fish hit the red trebles more consistently, he used only 1 and alternated it front to back. I have not seen any real advantage.

TOXIC

I duno....

I was out with my friend, Ronne, last night for dinner.....

She was wearing a bright red suit - her favorite color!

While there were no bites, there sure were a LOT of followers!

She hooked her husband wearing a red leather skirt and jacket!

:)

I put a red treble on the front hook of a trap & have been out fishing my fishing buddy by about 4 to 1 & ALL the fish have hit the RED hook FWIW I am a beliver of red hooks.He is putting red hooks on his traps now.

I put red hooks on the front of several topwaters and crankibaits. I don't really see a difference, but then I mainly fish off color and stained water. I think the clearer the water, the more it may have an impact.

I had a Chrome/Blue Trap with red trebles on it and never really fished it. Then I took it out the second time this spring and got it snagged in 25 feet of water and never got it back. Then my dad bought some 2/0 and 3/0 worm hooks to fish with senkos. I have found that senkos are already deadly on fish and if red hooks are as deadly on fish too...i guess Hold On!!!

T.S.

Back