re: suggestions on the Nitro NX750

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Yahoooo!!!! We are up and flying!! We took it out yesterday and eased into the takeoff until we reach about 2500 rpms and then opened her up while trimming it up and we jumped on the plane in no time AND no h20 came in. We have to work on our slow downs a little more to stop the backwash. My husband had it up to 62 and that wasn't all the way trimmed as much as we could have but I became a little panicky. I took it to 54 and that was fast enough for me at this time. We are having trouble getting used to a rack and pinion steering. We had hydraulic on our last one. Does anyone know approximately how much it is to convert it to hydraulic steering?

THANKS TO ALL OF YOU, I learned a lot on this one post. And BTW Berry, it is definitely not quiet in our boat with me in it. My husband has the patience of a saint. I am always asking questions on how to rig something or how deep a certain crankbait will run. Also, how many husbands will move my treestand three times in one day and never complain!! Thanks again and I will definitely stay up on this site.

BTW, does anyone know where we can find matching jackets or pullovers in bright orange and have the Nitro logo put on them. Yes, I did say bright orange. I will post a picture of our boat soon.

You could probably get away with the Baystar hydraulic steering with the 135 OPTI (Baystar is rated for up to 150 hp). The Baystar system will run you anywhere from $500 to about $700, depending on where you get it. You can save installation costs by installing it yourself, if you are able to. I don't know how much a shop would charge to install it.

To avoid the backwash coming over the transom when slowing or coming to a stop, ease off the throttle, and as soon as the backwash nears the transom, bump the throttle again, to stay ahead of the backwash. It may take a while to get the timing right, but once you get the feel of stopping, you'll know right when the backwash is coming at the transom, and bumping the throttle will become automatic.

Trim down, then full throttle to take off and trim up as pad is achieved to accelerate. To stop, trim down while pulling back on the throttle and your backwash issues should be minimal, if present at all. That's why the little button is attached to the throttle. :lol: ;) :D

Good deal, that 750 hull took me a few hours playing with it to figure out how to accelerate/trim, etc. Once I found out what it wanted, it is A-OK. It is very different than my previous one too, but now I am used to it, it is good. There are plenty of helpful folks here, very few shots taken.

Glad to hear you guys got her running right!! They have some Nitro clothing on the website, but you will be less than impressed.

Back