PT185 pad holes

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rocky Lohman2

Reaction score
Hey, what are the two black plastic holes that are on the back of my pad for. The one on the right seem to be threaded the other is not. They are on either side of the drain plug. I assume the have something to do with my livewell.

Yes, one is an intake and the other is the drain for the livewell.

I beleive the threaded one is the intake and the treads are what the pump is attached to inside your bildge area.

I have seen some boats with a strainer type device over the intake. Any ideas where I could find one? My tracker dealer is a good ways away. Thanks

When I replaced both my livewell pumps last year, I FORGOT To leave enough space sticking out to accomodate the screens that Steve R shows above. Soooooo, I just cut off an old window screen a circular section and used stainless steel wire to wrap it around the section of pipe that was left sticking out the back.

And on my 175 both black holes are inlets (one for the front Livewell and one for the rear livewell) the drains are white on my boat. But I don't know on the Pro Team 175/185 which are which.

Trep

The screens you need for the 185 can be found at http://www.thmarine.com/product.cfm?PRID=83. I had to order them for my boat last year. I ordered two wrong ones before I got the one I needed. Sam helped me out on that one.

Back