Oil Change Schedule vs Actual

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hi friends;
We purchased our new 1922 Z17, our smallest of three previous Bass Boats, back in February 2022, right out of the Factory production.
We have since put low Hours on it. (Truman, Table Rock, Stockton)
Like 22 actual metered Hours.

We always have the Motor (115 Pro-XS CT) winterized through our Dealer. Twice now. Never do mind the some $220 spent.
Question is,
After this run-time and years, we always ask "How about changing the Oil and Filter?"
Always the same Dealer reply. "Nope, wait for 100 hours to change them."
At that rate , being 81 now, I'll have it changed at age 120. Did not mark the Calendar though!

So, my wife (she drives it 90% of the time) and I figure "What the hey, let's be on the wild side and have it changed this year", 2024.

Your opinions on this are very much appreciated.

With synthetic oil and unleaded gas your oil will stay clean and effective for a long time. If you trust your dealer I say follow his advice. After all, he is turning down service business! You could go crazy and change it at 50 hours I suppose, but changing it at just 22 hours really spending money for no real value.

Thank you PD.
We do trust the Dealer, 20 minutes from the Nitro Factory.
They handle the big-stuff mainly and sponsor MLF and B.A.S.S. contenders with boats etc.
Always kid with them asking, "Should we take our 17 around back and away from the front door?"
We have a great Sales/service relationship with them.

Appreciate your input!!

Latest posts

Back