Nitro 175 f/s in saltwater

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ahdunno..... Is the Gulf of Mexico made of salt water?

Just be sure to hose it down THOROUGHLY after every trip. I used to take mine to the quarter operated car washes and spray EVERYTHING. Also ran the engine on muffs after every trip. Never saw any ill effects.
boatisland.jpg

I use my 175 in salt water several times per year. Here is how I keep it in shape.

1. at least once per year, get under the console and spray everything down with "Boshield", this puts a protective coating on all the exposed terminal ends. Also spray down inside the bow and stern light sockets.

2. Good coat of wax on the boat, an extra good coat of wax on the swim ladder.

3. Galvanized trailer only.

4. Good soap and water clean up after each use in salt water.

5. Good fresh water flush of the motor. I take mine out in the Titusville Fl area. On the way home I stop by a local lake, back down the ramp and if not busy just run the motor for awhile. If the ramp is busy, I launch and run around a little.

Mine is a 2001 model and I have not had any problems.

Good point regarding the trailer. I failed to mention that.....

I cut quarter-sized holes in a about 4 spots along the sides of each of the frame rails. When I went to the car wash, I directed the nozzle into these to flush the interiors out. The holes also allowed the interior to breath and promoted drying.

I removed the wiring from the insides of the rails and ran it alnog the outside on the wall facing the center of the trailer. The original wiring was suseptible to moisture even in fresh water.

Back