Console Fish Finder Mounting

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctorwedge33

Reaction score
Looking for some advice on mounting a fish finder unit on the console of a 2019 Tracker 175 Combo Pro Guide . Am I restricted on size / say a 8" unit vs 12" ?
Lowrance HDS

Cut a piece of cardboard to the size of the unit you're interested in and use it as a guide. Different mounts are available that take up some space to the sides of the MFD, some mount behind the unit completely. I don't recommend mounting MFD's into any console, they are not adjustable for better viewing and are a theft problem. I have my HDS 12 mounted just below my line of sight because above 60MPH I need to navigate, them bouys, they are pretty hard to see in time to avoid shallow areas in reservoirs.

installing an hook7 on my 95 nitro 160 i used an existing swivel base original to the boat. and using small wood pieces to the bracket for the unit was able to mount the hook7. it now will swivel left .right, up, and down, bracket of unit will pivot for direct viewing . the hook 7 is about 3 times the size of the original sonar. if you want a picture i will send one to your email address.

Latest posts

Back