New Boat Deals

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom Woodruff

Reaction score
Just sold the '95 180FS and purchased an 04 901CDX with a 200 Opti (hope to get some photos posted soon). I am lovin the 901, amazing what 50HP, 1' 4" and 10 years of improvement will do for performance. Everything went very smooth with the deal from start to finish and I am pleased with the whole process but am curious about other members experiences with their dealers "freebies" when purchasing a new boat, while I was "dealing" on mine I asked the rep about "free" Nitro shirts, jackets and other promo materials. At the time he responded that Nitro (Tracker) would be sending me something. It's been about 2 months since I picked up the new boat and have heard nothing from Tracker other than the purchase survey.

I've had nothing but good experiences with the dealer including some on the water troubleshooting via cell phone while at a tournament (neutral switch wire had come loose),so I'm not inclined to make waves but am curious as to other members experiences with "complimentary" stuff.

Just joined this site about 6 weeks ago and really enjoy some of the info out there.

Woody

I got a FREE Purchase Survey :) never recieved anything from Nitro.

When I purchased my previous boat a Triton, I got a few hats, t-shirts, video and the book Bass Boss in the mail from them.

From Ford I got 2 realy nice folding canvis director chairs, with the Ford logo stitched on the backs and the back when I purchased my new truck.

No freebies from Tracker, The prices are pretty much set from the factory and the dealer has no room to move in. a smile and a firm handshake are all you may get. If he promised you more don't let him forget it.. Nice boat though. i love mine....KB

When I bought my boat my salesman gave me and my dad some hats. A few weeks after buying the boat we sent a letter to Tracker about Shonn Goodwin and why we had bought a Nitro. They sent me a letter back and some more hats.

The only freebies were the hats I got when I picked up the boat and after we wrote the letter.

BJ

So far from my dealer and Ranger I have gotten for FREE:

1. 2 Ranger Hats

2. Ranger Boat sticker

3. $250 Ranger Wear gift certificate

4. Ranger front Trailer Step & installation value over $400

5. Free membership into Ranger Owners Group

6. Ranger Owners Group Pack, included a big Ranger tote/tackle bag, Ranger Owners hat, couple of packs of worms, stickers, $10 Cabela's bucks.

7. Obrien Super Screamer Tube, 3 person tow rope and Y cord setup.

8. I am waiting on my Freebies from Minnkota I recall it's a, big bag & Gerber pliers.

9. 2nd boat cover, 1st one was the wrong color

Now, the guy who got some freebies is JR. wait until he chimes in.

Cass

i got a hat from my dealer, they said the price did not allow for life jackets or anything like that.

he did give me a good discount on ropes,tow hitch,life jackets.

GregD

Cass,...don't forget the Custom Decal artwork from a fellow Ranger Owner!!! LOL

Mac, shhhhh, I wasn't going to brag about the Totally Awesome Rosie decal from an awesome fellow Ranger owner until I have it on my boat to show off. I have one set of prints that were done wrong by the printer, they didn't run it on transparent film and I didn't find out until I started cutting it to put it on. They should be shipping me a new set any day this week and I will send yours out once I get mine.

Cass

when I bought my 901, I got:

1. Free install of my blacklights and fishfinder(s). (dealer)

2. 2 Tourney shirts and hats (dealer provided)

3. $1000 gift card from BPS (promo)

I don't remember getting anything "special" from tracker directly...

Sure I got a Pro Qualifier Rod/Reel, a custom travel cover (both Tracker promo's at the time for anyone) and eventualy 2 free hats from the dealer (That was before new management in sales). But think of it this way:

Free Pro Qualifier Rod/Reel - Retail Price $200.00

Free Tracker custom travel cover - Retail Price $500.00

Free Hats - Retail Price $10

Owning a Tracker product, fishing the Nitro/Tracker Web Site Rally, Fishing with Bill B. in MD, Meeting Mac Daddy, and ALL the Rally participants, getting FREE help on EVERY possible topic from this board - PRICELESS!

Thanks for your comments on this, pretty much what I expected. No, I did not have the "freebies" listed on my sales order so I have no issues with Tracker. Still think I got a sweet deal and am very pleased with the boat and the dealership. Guess the upside is that I'm not an unpaid "billboard" for Nitro.

Woody

When I bought my 929 3 weeks ago I was given the following freebies.

6 Nitro Hats

2 Nitro Tee Shirts

2 Large Nitro Stickers (for back window of truck, etc)

1 Nitro Coffee Mug

$25 BPS Gift Card (Direct from sales person)

1 Nitro Poster

1 Team Cover @ 50% discount

Unpaid billboard? You gotta wear clothes, and as long as they don't say Tuck's or Summer's Eve, they're good for something, even if only changing the oil :).

Back