My boat

• Thread starter Shannon Daves [IMG]http://www.zjstech.net/~library
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shannon Daves

Reaction score
Gonna try to post a picture of my boat...we'll see if it works.

Nothing special:

2000 ProTeam 175, Mercury 50hp 2 stroke, Stock HB FF at console (soon to upgraded hopefully), Eagle FishEasy 2T on bow, stock Motorguide 43 TM, always empty livewell (lol), butt bow seat pulled with a 2002 Toyota Tacoma 4wd Ext cab V6/5 speed.
PICTURES 003.jpg

And a picture took this morning before taking it out (without any fish).

PS - Sorry about the size, dont know how to resize yet.
boat 004.jpg

Great pics!! Good lookin' boat, good lookin' truck, good lookin' house.......how come you didn't put some pictures of your wife on too? LOL

I gotta say too, that's the calmest water I've ever seen. Sure would like to walk a Spook across that.

Harpo

That is one big rock in your front yard. What is up with no brick, just curious. You have the same truck I have and I can bet you don't know it's there. I pull a 17' Nitro single console glass and I CAN tell it's there. Mostly the brakes more than anything else. Congrats nice looking rig!!!!

What do you mean? "nothing special" It's your boat. Of course it's special! No if, and, or butts (except for Mike's):), a boat is a boat is a boat. And it is a nice looking rig. Soapbox now vacant!

david....

Nice rig!!! How many hours did it take you to put that shine on that good looking truck???

JJ...

The ramp that I put in at this morning is in a cove off te river. That is part of the Chattahoochie that runs into Lanier. It is only 2-3 feet deep for a good 30 yards or so.

Brick: Well, there sint any brick in our neighborhood, plus it was a little too expensive for my first house.

truck: This is the third Toyota I have had and I like it alot. Only wish I had gotten the double cab, but wanted a 5 speed (auto only for double cab).

Thanks for the compliments. First boat, and I love it. Just wish I could catch fish a little more consistently.

I had the same boat with a 75 hp merc and i loved it, good luck with the new boat .

Steve B.

Nice set-up Scoob...I'm sure it will serve you well.

TEE

Scoob - IS that the north part of Lanier where the Hooch feeds lanier off the main lake? how far up? At first I though you were discussing the river below the hooch. You take the 175 on the Hooch below Lanier? Richard and I are working a trip late Oct, your welcome to join us in your 175 the more the merrier!!

nice rig...my granddaughter would like the butt seat in front...just her height

Mikel Stephens:

The camera is a Sony DSC-P71, 3.2MP. Pretty lick camera. Nothing like the 5.0 MP they got now.

Trepman:

Yes, that is the part ABOVE Lanier. That is Lula Bridge ramp there. It is about 10 minutes above the lake (roughly). Where are you planning the trip to? I would love to be in if I dont have to work. Thanks.

New boat, new truck, new house....Auuuhhhhh life is goooood for the scoobmeister...LOL

Way to go man!!!!

Scooby - We're shooting for Sunday morning October 26th lauching from the Metlock Bridge ramp. I've done that ramp a few times this year and the trout have been beautiful and HUGE for the Hooch!

I'll post more as we get closer. We were supposed to go Sunday Sept 21st but i got put on a few extra "committee's" and work and have to be in NY all week the 22nd leaving on the 21st of Sept.

Is the Medlock Bridge area big enough to launch or boats? I;ve never been below the dam.

Yup, there is 1 concrete ramp and about parking for 6 truck/trailers!!! LOL I've seen about a dozen parked along the sides so there is more then enough space. I've used 3 different ramps over the years the best/easiest is in Roswell but the quanitity and quality of the trout is MUCH better closer to the Dam. I've seen everything from 20ft bass boats, to pontoons to kyaks put in and fish the Hooch. Rich and I had no problems with my 175, there was about half the part we fished 8-12 ft deep and the rest about 2-4, this section south untill you hit a set of rapids is very safe for boats.

JJ,

Sorry I didnt reply to your post, somehow I didnt see it. I try to keep my vehicles (and boats) looking pretty good. I use ZAINO wax on it, and it tunrs out pretty good. Love the color because even right now it is dirty, but doesnt look that dirty. I had just finished washing it before I took the picture.

The second picture doesnt really show the shine on my boat. It isnt as good as TEE's, but I buffed her about 2-3 months ago. It was like a mirror then, but has since gotten a little duller over time and especially from waterline below. Plan on doing the sharkhide thing the winter.

One more picture. This me with my little sister-in-law. This picture was taken back around March. Her name is Faith and she was adopted from Chine when she was nine months old. She will be 5 on the 22nd of this month. She is my "fishing buddy".

BTW: Got one of my own on the way, due on or around April 30th. How 'bout that boys...I GOT ONE THROUGH THE UPRIGHTS!!!
PICTURES 106.jpg

That's awesome Scoob!!!,.....She is a doll!!! and congrat's on the pending arrival,...kids are GREAT!!!

"Through the uprights!!!"...ROTFLMAO!!...perfect...

Good lookin' kid Scoob...but who's tha big "goofy" lookin' fella? :)LOL So far after 1 season the Sharkhide is still holdin'....

TEE

Yeah, the big ugly guy is me...LOL. Yeah, Faith is a doll. I would love to take her as my own. She likes fishing, just runs from the fish when I reel them in...LOL.

Back