Minn Kota 55AT hinge pin backing out

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alvin Roberts

Reaction score
I have a Minn Kota 55AT foot control trolling motor on my Nitro. There's a hinge pin in the mount bracket that keeps backing out everytime I trailer the boat somewhere. I have to keep a hammer in the boat, or at least something that I can use to drive it back in. I have gotten home a couple of times lately only to find that it was almost all the way out! Anyone ever had this problem and found a good way to fix it? Eventually I am going to loose the pin altogether.

My Motorguide Digital also has the same problem. I usually have to bang it back in with a pair of needlenose pliers.

Thanks guys. I will try the Loctite. I should have some out in the shop. I get really tired of having to beat that pin back in. Especially when I launch my boat, try to let the trolling motor down forgetting about that pin...it won't let it go down. Now I have to scramble around for something the beat that pin back in with while everyone is watching me bang on my trolling motor!

Back