Meet and Greet

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scott Hammer TOXIC

Reaction score
Hey, for those of you ready willing and able, Mac, Marke, Neeley, CIII, KB and last but not least myself, will be getting together on Lake Anna the 14th (Sunday) of next month. We are going to do a little fishing and have a cookout at my sponsoring marina (Sturgeon Creek). Should be a fun time. If you would like to attend, let me know or post it here. Ya might even get to see the famous Scales and Tales boat (complete with new proud pappa)!!

TOXIC

How far is it from Manassas? Depending upon my cash situation, I might be able to make it. I could stay at my buddies Saturday, head down fish on Sunday, leave late afternoon and be home Sunday night. Is there enough room for a non boater?

Rich D

Hey Tox are you going to be the new proud pappa of the Scales boat??..... I think thats one of the best wraps (besides the Keelshield boat) there is!!.....If ya are can ya post a pic of it here??...I can't speall worf a chit!!!..lol.

Toxic, would I need a boat? I would like to go, maybe I can work things out for the trip. How far is the nearest train station? I could sober up on the trip back to NJ :)

Ok I checked out Amtrack, Newark to Alexandria is $81 not sure if that's roundtrip. No trains to Warrenton on Weekends? From my Weichert days I remeber Alexandria being within an hour of DC/MD? How far is Alexandria to you.

Bill, CIII (Carlos) beat me to the punch on that boat. We had to drag him out of it when we left Michigan!! I'm just tickled pink that it is going to him (and staying in the "family"). I am all hung up in sponsorship negotiations with a few of the manufacturers and as a result, just paid mine off until I get it all straightened out.

Rich, from Manassas you could either go down 95 or cut over and go down 29. The lake is between DC and Richmond at the Thornberg exit off 95. It is about 60 miles from me in Warrenton and I am about 10 miles from Manassas (depending). As of right now, we will have 3 boats and 6 people. I can hold 3. Let's see how well received it is and the final boat count.

CJL, that works but just don't expect any of us hungover fools to get to to the train station (in Manassas) on time!!LOL!!

TOXIC

If you get definites, don't hold a place for me. Chances right now are only about 30% I can make it. If I do, I have no problem fishing out of the middle!

Rich D

Tox,

Any chance we can go to DC Saturday and see some of the sights?

Marke and I were talking about it....neither of us has ever been.

We'll probably be in town around 2 on Saturday....

Whaddya think, Mac???

I thought Saturday you were going to Quantico to shoot? If not we can do that. I'm a virtual tour guide I've done it so much!!

TOXIC

I didn't know when we were shooting....ok, I'll just drive wherever they tell me!!!

CJL, actually Alex. is right on 95. It is an hour from me and about 20 min. from DC. There are no trains that come to Warrenton any day of the week!!LOL!! Manassas is as close as you can get. You would go to Union Station in DC then hop the VRE (Virginia Railway Express) to Manassas. Maybe they don't run on the weekends? I have not looked at the schedule.

TOXIC

Toxic,

The only reason I mentioned Warrenton is because it was listed as a train station in Amtrack? No wonder it had no trains LOL.

Let me see about whats going on that weekend with me. Maybe I will drive. I'm assuming your okay with me going, if I don't make it this time, maybe next spring when the fishing will be better. It would be cool to meet some of the members of the board.

Chris

Hey ya from Okinawa!

It is looking like we will have Range 4, the 1000 yard line range on Saturday. If there are any snags we can use the DC look see as a backup plan.

I am pretty close to a VRE/Amtrack station if anyone needs to be picked up and dropped off. I am going to fish on Sunday and then run back to the house that afternoon after we are mission complete!

I can bring some Onion pie/tart (need to ask Sue on that to make sure) and also some chips and stuff too. Just let em know so I can ask the boss to lock that on for me.

KB, I have a buddy in town for my last Marine Corps ball birthday and will be unable to fish that weekend. I have the Ball on the 4th.

What say you guys?

SCWB, I am jsut glad that I am able to get a cool boat liek that! I jsut hope that the wrap holds up to the Potomac River scum line....... that concerns me. I am TAD to Okinawa right now and not able to get to any pics to post on it.

On that weekend I (Hope nto but this is not a good selling season) will probally have my Nitro and also the Ranger. I can try and work the logistics to get the Ranger and the nitro back to the house if we need to use both boats at Anna. So, the moer the merrier!

Moer to follow later as this develops.

Carlos

Hey, I can probably get to Sturgeon Creek that Sunday! I don't know about fishing as it will be way too cold for this warm weather lover:)

Ken, if you guys decide on a DC trip that Saturday, let me know.

Chris, if you decide to drive, maybe we can meet and go together..

I too am not sure of my schedule but this could be fun.

Bill

Yeah Bill, come on down....KB actually has a heater that he puts in his boat!!! The big sissy!!LOL!! Wish me well, I've got the 2nd annual Teddy Carr Invitational to fish tomorrow. Bragging rights for me (besides tip $$ hahaha) and a cook out afterwards. Last year I got beat by 2 oz. That ain't gonna happen this year. I actually released a fish that was probably legal but I wasn't going to chance it.

As for the 14th, we have plenty of time to work that out. I might even cruise down and go to the range with you guys. Might have CIII sight in that Stevens that nobody can find any information on.

TOXIC

MVM Rules!!

KB

Email me at my work address. I have easy access to that.

present from the FOMTT?? :)

BTW I am still bummed we did not get to fish..talk to Darren or Eddie?

Tox, coem on out man!! Show you WTBN anyway!!!

Good Luck Scott!! Hey, a heater on the boat sounds good to me:)

Carlos, I may need a couple pair of longjohns:)

Bill

I noticed Mini's name was not on the list, guess he is staying behind to gaurd his s**t

I am Not coming......I forgot how to fish... C111 get my shirt.......HA JR I pulled the ranger a few hours and watched It set on the trailer for 3 days..It sure was purty...just setting there..The lake was nice to, just setting there.......JR

JR,

Went out yesterday (Saturday here) and got ya a shirt! You will ike it. Bad thing is it is short sleeve and it is CODL there now I bet HAHAHAHAH

Why no launching the baot? Water too low? No fish???

Carlos

There aint no way you can get both of your boats up there and home again.......I'm going to see if he wants to pull his boat down. He probably will, only problem is it's an 18 ft. Javlin with a 150 Faststrike and he has this complex about being slower than my boat. I'll know more as the time gets nearer.

I repainted my skeg this weekend, mini will be crushed!!LOL!!

TOXIC

HAHAh I am sure we can mess the skeg back up to give it the personality back HAHAHAHAH

Jeese, just throttle back and let him win L:) Small price to pay :)

BTW that sure does sound bad to have two boats. Know anyone that wants to buy one ;-)

I can try and work a deal if we do them them both.

Back