livewell pump help

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gabe watson

Reaction score
I need a little help with my livewell system. I have a '98 Nitro 205 sport (fish n ski). My livewell pump is making some seriously nasty noise like it is about to die on me. Sometimes it doesnt work at all. I have 2 livewells, main one in the back and one smaller one on the fron left but I only see one pump. It says livewell pump on the pump but I dont know if that is the only one. I called the local Nitro dealer and he said he thinks there might be another pump under the gas tank but he didnt know for sure. My dad called a buddy of his that sells procraft and he said he thinks there is probably one main livewell pump and an aerator pump under the gas tank to recirc. the water. Anyone know who is right and if I do have to remove the gas tank, whats the easiest way to do it? I know I have to replace the pump soon but I am just trying to figure out exactly how involved this is going to be. Thanks for any help you can provide.

Sorry I can not overly help, but the one that was on my 896 was a cartridge type, and all I have to do was "unscrew" it from the base and it popped right out. It was under the battery try and on the back. Blew a fuse last fall when a rock got stuck in the impeller and did not allow it to turn.

Sorry I can not help out any mroe then that.

Carlos

Back