Lake Anna

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dreaminbig

Reaction score
Hey guys. I've only posted on here a couple of times but I watch this forum all the time. I used to own a Nitro 700lx. If you spend much time at all on Lake Anna then you've probably seen me on there in my white and green Nitro. Anyway, I had to sell it last fall to prepare for my newborn son. I miss the heck out of fishing on Anna and have only made one trip there this year. If any of you need a backseat to keep you company or a partner for a tourney I'd be more than happy to share expenses and maybe a few pointers (not that I'm any good but maybe). If you do happen to have a spot just give me a call at 540-292-7539. I live in Staunton and I've got all weekends off. My name is Mike.

Keep your eyes and ears open. There are a bunch of us that regularly have Anna get togethers and will have open backseats.

TOXIC

Mike - Mark you calendar for November 29th for the 4th annual Not-So-Memorial Invitational on the hot side of Lake Anna. More info to follow but a good time is had by all who attend.

If you haven't fished the hot side, it is a winter time treat. Nothing like a warm bass to warm a cold hand. We caught fish in freezing rain on New Years Eve last year thanks to Bill's generosity.

Steve

I read about your annual event last year. I was new so I didn't inquire any more about it. I've heard tons of great things about the hot side. My boss is headed on the hot side in the morning so I'll have to endure his bragging on Monday morning.

Thanks for the quick responses and invite!

It's a tad early for the hotside but I'm sure he will get into some fish. It only gets better as the weather gets colder!! Lots of numbers but sometimes the size is a little lacking although I have pulled a citation out of there. I think it was last year. The fish just luuuuve a SPRO Little John crankbait, dropshot and Senkos over there!!:D

TOXIC

Been out four days this week and hit them pretty good. Double digits for both my neighbor and I (each). Biggest about 4 lbs. ALL on Senko's and all over the lake from Coleman Creek Bridge, Elk Creek Bridge , Dike 2, and wooden bulkheads in lagoon 3. Hangin just off the rip rap in 4-10 feet of water. Baitfish are all over. Can't wait for the real cold weather to come in so they really go crazy. :)

Great news! I left out how I got out this spring. My father in law loaned me his quantum fish and ski and it's been sitting in my driveway all summer. The boat is all but wore out and quit running on me just before I put it on the trailer the last time out. Add to that the fact that the trolling motor was giving me troubles too. I've finally gotten the time to work on it and figured out that the ignition switch was bad and replaced it and now it's perfect. After quit some time trying to figure out the trolling motor problems I found a loose connection in the foot pedal. I fixed that and it now seems to be working well. Needless to say, I'm heading to Anna with my dad on Sunday. If you see us stranded out there in a maroon and white Quantum just give us a ride because I know my temper will probably cause me to sink the boat. lol

BTW, any good suggestions on fish catching for Sunday?

On the cold side, deepwater docks and creeks. Last I heard the bass were 1/2 way bck in the creeks....secondary points. As always in Anna, find the baitfish and you'll find the bass. If the water is cooled off, go downlake to Dukes and Levey creeks but the fish up in the rivers will be bigger, just a little harder to catch. Mid-lake grass at the splits is always good.

Have fun. Let us know how you do.

TOXIC

Beautiful day on the water. We put in a Sturgeon Creek and decided to fish it out first. We motored just outside the wake zone and started fishing. About an hour later we decided to move uplake. Motor wouldn't crank! We tried until the battery was drained to no avail. The electrical gremlins were just too much. We made the best of it and laughed about how many ways we could sink the boat. lol We fished the majority of Sturgeon Creek and cam away with only one 3lber off a crankbait to show for it. Oh well, it was a beautiful day out there and I don't regret getting out one bit!

Sorry about the gremlins. We probably ALL have a similar story. Maybe you will have better luck during the Invitational on the hot side. At least there will be other boats to pick you up so you can still fish. LOL

Latest posts

Back