lake anna report

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mike chip

Reaction score
Well we had are tourny on saturday the 1st at lake anna. It was a foggy morning (visibility around 25ft) did not make it to my first spot till late. That might have been a good thing, caught fish all day but only one over the slot. the winning pattern was fishing boat docks with a green pumpkin jig. they made 5 or so casts at each dock they came to near hunters landing and wound up with just over 16 lbs for 5 fish. everybody got back to the ramp safe, this is one busy lake. We just missed seeing a jet ski accident where to guys collided, one was taken out in an ambulance.

mike

I hope to be there on Tuesday, weather permitting, !

That's why I like to fish during the week. Hardly anyone out on the lake. Jim C and I were out on Friday and only saw about 8-10 boats the entire day. Weekends are still a mad house and the Fall season still brings the idiots and their jet skis out.

Bill in VA

I'll echo what Bill in VA said. Up until last Friday, I had only been down to Lake Anna on weekends. Man, what a difference weekdays make - even Friday! I've NEVER seen the lake THAT mirror calm in the middle of the day. I'm more used to seeing fleets of jet skis or powerboaters coming four to ten across. The weekday fishing was well worth the spent vacation day, and (as always), hosting by Bill was above and beyond. Thanks again, Bill!

JC

The pleasure boaters on Anna are very "fair weather" orientated. I was out on Sunday and with a little chill in the air didn't see more than 5 boats till the afternoon sun warmed things up. The Monday before there were 2 boats all day!!. Glad they were up in the river like I said because they sure as heck were not mid-lake!! I have a private tournament on the Potomac Wednesday and clients on Anna Saturday.

The big momma's are gonna turn on soon!! I just want to be out there, I've missed the fall bit the last 2 years (broken boat....etc.,) but thanks to Bill H. we always make up for it on the hot side:p:p

TOXIC

Back