keeping mold out of compartment

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Aviatar

NTO Supporter
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have a Z8 and it sets outside under a Sumbrella cover. I live in the Midwest, and it can get hot with lots of humidity. The storage compartments will tend to draw moisture which in turn creates mold. What are some cheap remedies for this such as some type of desiccant? Would a small bucket of charcoal work here? Need ideas that won't break the bank.

Thanks for any working ideas>

Hi; On our present and previous boats, we covered loosely with a dust cover. The compartments are always held open about an inch or two with small blocks of 1"X2"'s. Never had any issue with moisture. There is always Damp-Rid if the budget allows.

I have a Z8 and it sets outside under a Sumbrella cover. I live in the Midwest, and it can get hot with lots of humidity. The storage compartments will tend to draw moisture which in turn creates mold. What are some cheap remedies for this such as some type of desiccant? Would a small bucket of charcoal work here? Need ideas that won't break the bank.

Thanks for any working ideas>
A box fan will stop the mold and mildew.

I am going to try both ideas. I do have two small fans that will fit in the two large compartments in question and then prop open with the wood blocks. Put them on a timer and see how that works. Thanks for the help.

Latest posts

Back