Interstate Batteries

• Thread starter Michael Ludwikowski
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Has anyone had problems with their Interstate Cranking battery.

I just bought a 1999 911 CDC with zero hours on it. Brand spankin new. I had it out a few times and then last night discovered the cranking battery was dead. Master switch was off. Only thing that runs is the auto bilge.

I know when I bought my PT185 (my last boat) I had the same problem. And it is just the cranking battery. The deep cycles are great. The cranking battery wouldn't even take a charge.

So I went out and replaced it with an EverStart Marine Maxx. Have an EverStart Maxx in the truck and never run into any problems.

Any thoughts?

Lud

Brand Spanking new batteries that haven't been charged or used in 3 years will not last long. I run the interstates on my 911 with no issues. They were probably just neglected. On another note...I got 3 new stow-aways that i need to get rid of, deep cycle 115 amp hours, in Houston.

Agree with BMCD on batteries. Interstates, along with others, are made by Johnson Controls.

It can be new, but still old.

Tex

Back