Helix 7 won't acknowledge the LakeMaster Card?

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
BTW ... to get to "Simulator mode", you will have to do this during the power up sequence on your HB. Once you press the on button, your first option screen will ask you to press "menu" to choose startup options. Just pick "Simulator mode". You will have to get out of simulator mode once you are able to get GPS link.
CD,

I really apprecaite the feedback. This makes me feel better about it now...

It's never a good idea to operate your fishfinder out of the water UNLESS you're in Simulation mode (sim mode shuts down the transducer).

This explains why it's generally not an issue....
Potential damage to a transducer when running out of the water
It is not recommended to run a FishFinder and transducer on a boat that is not in the water as you will not get any readings from the transducer.

A normal 500w or less transducer should not have any issues when running out of the water.

A higher powered transducer, 1kw or larger, may have the potential of having issues as they normally use water to help cool them down when operating for long periods of time. Without the water, the transducer could burn out and have issues if left running for an extended period of time out of the water.

That's interesting, Larry. I just know that the Humminbird rep who was at the regional fishing show here in the southeast said not to do it - especially if you're using a CHIRP transducer. I probably should have probed him a little more on why, but the conversation took a different turn.

That's interesting, Larry. I just know that the Humminbird rep who was at the regional fishing show here in the southeast said not to do it - especially if you're using a CHIRP transducer. I probably should have probed him a little more on why, but the conversation took a different turn.
Untill now I've actually never considered the issue. I've never had a problem with a transducer. Like others, I have ocassionally left units on overnight out of the water and have not had any issues that I know about..

With my HB bow unit, I started going to standby before stowing my Ultrex. The reason I started doing that was because the Helix would have a hard time normalizing and finding bottom if I left the transducer pinging while stowed. I am pretty sure it was not damaging the transducer, but it certainly threw my HB out of wack. Now that I go to standby, it reacquires bottom is seconds in stead of minutes

Larry, Also, double check that you are updating with the correct unit update!! I have checked the wrong one more than once. Next, CALL HB they are great people and will go out of their way to help. You have received great advice from John and should be good to go. Good luck

Latest posts

Back