HDS LIVE

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

budimlay

Reaction score
I'm currently running a HDS Live 16 on console and been having issues with it restarting or starting up and getting stuck on load up screen. Theres been a few times where it worked for a few minutes then would go back to load up. I sent the unit to Lowrance thinking it was the unit but they sent it back saying its fine. I then took the boat to a Nitro dealer and they said the same thing. I just replaced the battery and of course that didnt help either. Please someone help!!! The boat is a 2020 Z21 and basicly a paper weight right now. Thanks for any assistance.

Are you wired from the unit directly to the battery(with inline fuse) or from unit into a fuse box? I was having low voltage issues with my helix when I was going through my fuse box on my 03 nitro that went away when I wired it straight to battery. it may be something worth looking into. Hopefully someone experienced with the unit can point you in a better direction.

That's my next step. Just making sure that it wasn't something simple before I started pushing wire through that tight space. Appreciate the feedback

That's my next step. Just making sure that it wasn't something simple before I started pushing wire through that tight space. Appreciate the feedback Always put electronics on clean power meaning a battery that is a stand alone, with nothing else hooked to the battery but the electronics. As if you hook to trolling motor batterys the high amp draw will create interference. And if you hook ti starting battery. Your livewells will cause interference, and maby a surprise when you start your big motor up and the battery is dead. I can't count the number of timed that I have jumped another boat out on the water because of electronics draining the starting battery. And always remember the dreaded black box that runs the livescopes. That nasty keeps on draining the battery 24/7 it runs all the time! And that's not a good deal when ya show up to the ramp with a brand new battery thsts dead. And ya can't remember why? Just saying JW.
That's my next step. Just making sure that it wasn't something simple before I started pushing wire through that tight space. Appreciate the feedback

Latest posts

Back