Hamby's

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larry Campbell

Reaction score
I am wanting to get a Hamby's installed on my Nitro 188. I am in the OKC metro area and have been quoted anywhere from $375 to $750 for a 6' white one installed. I am wanting to know if anyone has gotten one installed in this area and if so how much did it cost and would you recommend the installer? Thanks

Here is the number for the owner of Hamby's. His name is Roger Sutterfield and he is very helpful with finding local installers and following up with any problems. He his a very nice guy. 1-800-742-2813 ask for Roger. I don't know where your from but he is on the east coast so call the number accordingly. Are you looking at the beaching bumper or the light duty?

I called him and got the dealer list last week. He is very helpful. I am going to get the original. I would like to hear from someone who had one installed and about the quality of the installation. The Hamby's reputation stands on its own, I just want to make sure I get a good installation.

Larry

I had one installed at C & O Marine in White Bluff Tn. and they did a very good job, and I am very happy with the Hamby. Later<>< <>< <>< <>< Jack

Buy it and do it yourself. I installed a Keelshield brand, it took about an hour and a half. You do need to sets of hands to do it easily.

The original Hamby's can't be self-installed. Also, even Roger suggests not getting white as they will yellow with age. I have a white hull with a black Hamby's and they don't look bad. I paid $325 for mine installed. It doesn't take a mechanic to install one, but many places have their mechanics do the install, and that's about $70/hour in labor, 2 hours, plus they mark the price up on the "part" before installation. That's why the huge difference in prices.

I have the light duty Hamby's on my boat. Took about 30

minutes to install.

Back