Got me a new tow vehicle!

• Thread starter Michael Trepper
  • Start date
Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TrepMan

Reaction score
Well ... Technically Beka bought me a new tow vehicle, but I can't touch it till I get back to the states in 3 weeks!!! And then can't use it till late October when I get back for good... But its MINE!

Just gotta get her to the dodge dealer in October for a hidden hitch and wiring harness after I move back. She picked it up this afternoon and sent me a picture from her cell phone to my cell phone!

So i'm now the 2nd owner of a Inferno Red 2006 Dodge Magnum R/T - 340HP 390lb ft Torque and a Hemi V8!!! And it matches my boat Red Nitro!!! Gotta have the boat and tow vehicle match!!

new car.jpg

That's a sweet looking ride, congrats.

Shelbydad

As I told Trep on instant message, it's a 'Chic Car'. Not meaning it draws chic's - that's what Chic's drive.

Beka will have it all broken in for him, when he gets home! :D

Congrat's on the Birthday Present - Trepper!

Tex

Chic's my BUTT, MEN Drive Hemi V8s!!!!:p

It looks great to me Michael!!!! I got kinda hooked on those when I saw one of the first TV commercials about them. Do you remember them? There's a guy in a Magnum stopped at a traffic light just growling away when another car pulls up beside it. The driver of the second car hollers out, "hey man, what you got in there?" And the Magnum driver answers back, 'well, I have a couple of 2 x 6's a guitar and amplifier, two lawn chairs, and on and on. I thought it was a great commercial and it sure hooked me. To tell the truth, and maybe I am stupid, but I kept looking at those and for deals for quite a while. Then when I had to get something beside my Ford F-150 and ended up with that Tundra Pick-up, I never gave one stinking thought to looking at a Magnum.???? I had completely forgotten about it?:eek::angry::wacko: It just wasn't meant to be I guess?:(

Congratulations my friend..I hope you love it.

Uncle Billy

Nice vehicle; just what you've been wanting if I remember correctly--although you have danced all over the lot as you seemed to really want to get a man's vehicle; but getting what you want is a good second choice ---:lol::wacko::lol::wacko::lol:

By the way, have you seen the latest GM adverts? They lead off showing folks needing more MPGs, then they transition to trucks and SUV's. I thought it was an effective ad; hope it generates sales [we know it will be one sale short--;)].

Now I know what you will be driving when you try to sneak past me into Wisconsin....

This timne it won't work... Red is too easy to spot!

Nice ride and I think it's a cool tow vehicle...

Hope she lets you drive it!

Uncle Bill - Yup I do remember that commercial, I test drove a 2005 used back in June and MAN that thing was confortable, MOVED, smooth and handled.

Marty - Yeah, I went from Mangum, to SUV to Pickup and all over the place. Did a lot of research on towing capabilities and ride/comfort and of course now is the time to buy ANY V8 vehicle new or used. So, I know i'll get loads of looks at the boat ramp and on the highway, but i've liked these since they came out and with a 3800lb towing capacity, should pull the Nitro even easier then my Minivan did!

Just gonna kill me to wait 3 weeks to drive her!

Trep

Dave - Just wanted to see how it looked going UP the boat ramp!!! LOL

Very nice tow rig but now you need a new Challenger to park next to it.

passenger-front.jpg

I thought it was just a very steep driveway. They look cool for a station wagon. ;) :lol: Enjoy it and congrats.

I love the look of the Challenger. :wub:

Sorry Mac. ;)

Gene

Very nice, Trep. Congratulations. Can't wait to see a pic with it rigged up to the boat.

I'm going over to your house this weekend and sit in the seat and break it in for you.

Ha, Ha, Ha.

Dan

Dan - Just make sure you get her IN the garage, don't want any of that hail damaging my new girl!!

Gene - One day i'll take a picture of my neighboor's driveway, we almost bought his place, but MAN that incline and angle of the driveway was a killer for any kind of tow vehicle.

Can't wait to drive her!

Trep

Saw one of the Challengers (black one) on the road in the Auburn Hills area (IE: Chrysler territory) some weeks ago. It's a great looking ride.

Tex

There's a Challenger just like that one around my area that I've seen a couple of times. It looks and sounds great. I didn't like the old Challengers but I like these. What I would really like, LOVE to have again is this... <big sigh>

1966ChevyII.jpg

Uncle Billy

Sweet Deal Trepper, slidin' into the ramp in "Pimp Daddy" style......:lol::lol::lol:

JP

Ok Trep now you need to name your boat and have it translated into Chineese letters and have em stuck to the side of the boat. Oriental lettering is cool anyway. Then do the same thing with the new car. Have someone draw you up a little Chineese fisherman with a bamboo rod wearing a kippah on his head hauling in a bass with slanted eyes.

fatrap

Greg - Just talked to Beka, she said Dan helped move my Nitro off its blocks so the Magnum fits on the same side of the garage. She also said that I better be CAREFUL as the Magnum likes to go FAST and in that color with the Hemi i'm a ticket waiting to be written!!! LOL

Fatrap - I had Noah name the Nitro 3 years ago when I bought it from Rich, she's named "RapidSplash", so i'll see about what that is in Simplified Chinese characters!!! LOL Probably translate to something like "water fast high waves"!! !LOL

Trep - I'm gonna DIE if I don't get my boat in the water and my V8 Hemi drivin!!!

You know.... Trep was always kind of a red car kinda guy!
JarJar&Car.jpg

Wait till he gets some wheels and body panel add ons and it will look like his dream car...

Gene,...no need to apologize.....I like the looks of the new Challenger's too!! ;) But,..it's still a DODGE!!:eek:

Trep...nice CHICK car!!:eek::rolleyes:;)

Tox - Actually better mileage then a full-size pickup v8 from what I have been reading, 23-25 Highway, due to the multi-displacement systems.

We'll see when I actually get her going, but no one buys a boat or tow vehicle for MPG, if thats the reason get a canoe and a bike!! LOL

A Hemi of that size, with a 23-25 mpg Highway mileage. Me thinks someone has been smoking the loco weed again. Maybe in a lab, with controlled acceleration and controlled conditions. Maybe.

Tex

I have several customers with the 05' 06' Magnum hemi's that swear it gets 20-21 all day long on the highway but only about 14 around town.

Well got a business trip booked to Korea next Wednesday and end up back in Atlanta on Fri Aug 22nd!! WOO HOO get to drive her home from the airport next Fri!

Come on guys, anyone who owns a boat with over a 50HP motor and a tow vehicle doesn't count or shouldn't count MPG, Yes on the highway i'm reading low 20's for good highway miles, and yup 14 in the city sounds about right. And i'll bet its like any car the harder you push on the peddle the worse the MGP!! But heck, a 5.3L Chevy Tahoe is only rated by motor trend at 11 city / 14 highway, and a 3.9L impalla only at 13/20mph. So a 5.7L Hemi with 15/25 highway, doesn't sound to bad.

But again, I didn't buy it, nor was looking at a v8 Pickup for MPG.

MAN can't wait to drive her!!

Trep

Latest posts

Back