Fishin for Food

Nitro Owners Forum

Help Support Nitro Owners Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tim Koepp

Reaction score
Crickets, #8 wire hook, Adjust-A-bubble bobber.. All about 45 minutes effort last evening before a front moved in

hogs.jpg

I'm all for catch 'n release, but...

...sometimes you just gotta hook 'em and cook 'em. Nice mess of bluegills, Pond!

Pondscum and Mo - Beka is wearing the lastest S&T / Wally Marshal shirt today - Mr. Crappie - It says "Release to the Grease!" She asked me - I thought you guys all practiced Catch and Release?? I said for bass YES, for Crappie, Bluegill, Stripers and Cats its Catch and FRY!!!

Catch and release if great for game. you HAVE to harvest these buggers. Fryer is ready, and hushpuppies on the side will complete the meal

955-094-48-t.jpg

ha.. heck.. I didnt want to start any debate! I just wanted to make yo'all hungry!

I have some very good crappie and bluegill holes around here that produce every year.

Lookin' foward to filling my empty freezer.

Yummy:D

We're picking up some nice fat crappie right now (3 biggest yesterday evening were over 1 1/2)...... this weekend's menu = crappie and sauger Fillets, hush puppies, fries, KFC slaw, home-made pie with ice cream......freezer is full gotta make room!

sounds like a trip to help Berry, and then a little entertainment down in the bars on Broadway in Nashville is in order!

There's a small lake in Salisbury, MD on MD's eastern shore and about 20 miles from Ocean City that I fished a lot of years ago. I used to keep an ultra-lite loaded with lite line, a popping bug and bobber. When the bass slacked off I would throw that untra-lite catching huge blue gills. You could easily fillet those fish they were so big. When I finally bought a nice fly rod and that's right where I headed to learn. Those darn bluegill on a flyrod was, in my opinion, as much fun as can be had. Can you imagine their fighting ability if they got to 3,4, or maybe even 5lbs?:rolleyes:

Man, I really feel like doing that again.. If only I hadn't of stepped on the beautiful Fenwick Flyrod:(

Uncle Billy

we kicked it up a notch on the Hushpuppies last night by adding very finely diced jalapeno and a bit of Tony's cajun spice.

we all pushed away from the table full, I napped like it was Thankgiving and the Lions were losing 38-0

Just sent in the registration for my little 2-man PVC boat. About time to head out for what I call the "Grocery Store" lake. Full of fat tasty crappie. Tie on a little 1/16th jig head and a Yamamoto curlytail 2 inch grub and go get dinner!! I troll them behind the boat and limit out in about 2 hours. Then it's home and release them into Lake Crisco. I have been known to put them on the grill but beer battered and dunked in peanut oil with the turkey fryer is yummy good.

TOXIC

I've heard "release to the grease" before, but I like "release to lake crisco" and "dies and fries". :lol:

I'm having a fish fry for a bunch of our friends from church in may. Deep fried crappie, gills, perch and stuffed jalapeno's. :wub:

The date will not be released so I don't have un-expected guests. ;)

Gene

Nothing better than taking a bunch of butter bream home for a nice warm bath!! :lol: Mmmmm... :wub:

Dan J, you need to sample Lake Michigan Jumbo Perch. I agree with you, but the perch are preferred by many.

Fresh Perch (just caught and cleaned)

Bluegill

Walleye

Fresh Crappie (just caught and cleaned)

Farm Raised Catfish (only farm raised for me)

In that order for me:p

Dang...makin' myself hungry:D

I do luv's me some yella perch!!! :wub::wub::wub:

We hit a place in In'l Falls each year before crossing the border for our Canada trip. Sometimes we even get lucky with walleye added to the buffet!! Nom, nom, nom.....mmmmm...I can't wait!!! :D

The order for me is:

Whatever the cook has served up! But some very fresh Candian Walleye - would be very good right now.

Tex

In these times we all need balance in our lives, and diets. Isnt it a wonderful thing that beer and fried fish go so well together? deep fried with the good fats, brain food with, well, you get the concept.

I have always held to the theory that beer makes you smarter, if you subscribe to the survival of the fitest, then beer (alchohol) kills the weak brain cells, and you hence become smarter.:lol:

yeah.. and we work for the same company! Look out, world!

Just caught and filleted 49 fine crappies yesterday!! Those will be tasty with some homemade hush puppies and some adult beverages....mmmmm mmmmmmmmmm good!:cool:

Farm raised are only fed floater feed. In other words...the cat has to feed from the top vs. the bottom and not tainting the meat.

The biggest problem with most catfish depends on where it comes from. Good clean waters and smaller cats produce some gooooooooood eatin'.

Most resturants only serve farm raised.

Latest posts

Back